• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input Capital

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input Capital

Where are these farms and which auction was this?

Input Capital Corp. announced that it has now substantially resolved the largest of the three streaming con-tracts which were terminated in November 2015. As a result of management's determined collection efforts related to this streaming contract, the following results have been achieved: In late March, Input took titled possession of approximately 2,000 acres of farmland; On May 1, a farm equipment auction was held in which approximately 60% of the equipment held as security was auctioned. The auction was very successful, with over 800 bidders registered to bid and gross sales exceeding the expectations of the auctioneer; and Late yesterday, the titles to approximately 3,000 acres of additional farmland were transferred to Input. Input has taken possession of the balance of the equipment and is planning a second auction for June 2016. The 5,000 acres of farmland now owned by Input have been rented to local farmers for the 2016 growing season. Input plans to market the land for sale after harvest and has already had several inquiries from potential purchasers.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/input-capital-corp-announces-account-resolution-578968231.html

Melville, grasswoods auction, landowners name was Feduk, spelling might be off.

Comment

Yep they hit hard and took him down

Comment

Loansharks

Comment

Wow. Transfer if wealth. So dirty. How did the farmers not see this coming? All just to get money grow a canola crop? There has to be more to life than growing a canola crop.

Comment

Its a criminal organization in my opinion.

The sales pitch is all about getting your farm on track. Maybe it would work if the loaned money was put in the right areas but guessing that if a farm was in the position that they needed to do input capital that it wouldn't be spent properly either.

Sad thing now is they have the land which maybe was the last small amount of equity the producer may have had

Comment

They are just a land collection agency to be resold to CPPIB.

Why not allow farmers to have a deduction to buy farm land. Instead everyone is getting their cpp used to buy farmland including farmers which is like competing against an investment firm.

Comment

Bucket, how would that help any? If land was somehow a tax deduction I don't know of any benefit other than from the sellers perspective.

Those that don't want to pay any tax will now have even more incentive to drive the land price up.

And for those that don't pay any tax (which I am sure there is lots as farmers are notorius for it because of cash filing) it would net no benefit

Comment

If you can use your rrsp to buy a house it would as much sense to buy farmland as well.

Why do I want to send money to cpp to buy land. Might as well keep the money at my farm.

Comment

Who says you need to send money to CPP

You do have a number of choices there

Comment

Some of the farmers using this scheme were to desperate to care - more land more iron - giver on someone else's dime till it comes time to pay the pipper .
                      They catch desperate clowns trying to keep up to guys with real money

Comment

I think some of the Large Farms here are married to this group to..Can't wait till the curtain falls on them..hahahaha..

Comment

One issue I have is that good local land will now be in investor hands - not available to those locals who could use it . This is a bad thing long term imo

Comment

.....credit of last resort.

Comment

Furrow..the local land is already backed by investors....Just the Family Farm is on the RM map..No change...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...