• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input Capital

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see the list of farms who are hooked up with them. I bet it would blow your hair back.

All this thing does is give a guy a little more rope to really hang himself

Icy out

Comment

Wish this govt would close up those loopholes to get rid of these investors. If you are not farming it or have not farmed it in the past then you can't own it.

Comment

Wish this govt would close up those loopholes to get rid of these investors. If you are not farming it or have not farmed it in the past then you can't own it.

Comment

When rural western Canada is all owned by investors and all wealth generated their is shipped off to Toronto, Vancouver, New York, and Beijing there will be nothing but ghost towns on the Prairies and nobody is going to what to live there. The real solution to the problem is a return to market rates of interest and stopping with ZIRP or NIRP. (Negative Interest Rates). Asset speculation will dry up and only legitimate investment will occur.

Comment

What I don't get is why any one who attended the idiotic buy farm meetings in Ontario Calgary and Vancouver were a good thing to invest in.

Yes land was a great investment back at 40 to 80 a quarter in Sask Hell what's the old saying buy low sell high.
            Oh idiots buying at high and expect a return. Now some deals are subject to real-estate finding a renter. Or as I call it a idiot to work for these investors.

But here is a example north of me, Guy buys property for 130000 its a deal wow we are going to do so well. Found out its not 160 acres because of excess rain its now 130 acres. Rent is 40 because that's the way it is up there. Guy makes 4% on his money. Oh wait he has to take the RM taxes off the property so he is making 3%.
            Ah genius I make on my investments 6.75 at the low end but yes you have to be watching and moving stuff around.
            Oh land will go up yep that is true but if you bought at the peak in 1981 and didn't loose the property and paid it off slowly today that land is worth more than you paid. Sadly only one guy in our area who purchased at the top of that cycle made it to the end with out dying or going bankrupt.
            Cycles repeat and this one will also.
            My thinking is 400000 land will drop to 250 and 250 land will go to 160 and 130 will drop to 75. Never will it go back to the 40 to 50. But a drop is coming look at Kansas etc. its happening and Canada is usually two years behind.

Comment

I think you're right . it will drop . but investors are realizing it still will be there. you can still walk across it , run your hands through it , whatever you want . all these other worthless pieces of paper we , and everyone else have invested in , is just that . a complete waste of time and at the end of the day you have SFA to show for it . and your smart financial adviser will be long gone (probably retired at age 50) and if things get really really ugly you can still go out and grow some food on it

Comment

Highest prices around here have been paid by FARMERS who need MORE every year. I don't see land going down, some investors/corps have $BILLIONS to play with. As said WAY better than paper BS. Currently NO or LOW returns over time. 30% will retire, but 70% will fight over those acres in next few years.

Comment

On our way to serfdom.

Comment

I oscillate between feeling a crash in land values will occur, and that they will not drop much. It is such a different dynamic now. A lot of the kids now have had a string of good years, or at least decent years, and with their parents rapidly growing land equity, have taken on more and more with ease. It just seems as fj says, that it is never enough. No one seems to recognize there may be a time to stop grabbing all you can and simply make a living off a reasonable amount of land. If there is land, they will buy it, economically feasible or not. And if they have enough labor, enough cash to keep up with efficient iron etc., I guess why not? Nothing against them, I just think it is dangerous to assume it will always come this easy.

Today, I feel like land will not drop that much. But I may be wrong. You hear things that make you realize things are not that peachy in big farming world here and there.

Who knows? lol

Comment

Everyone wants to get too big to fail.

Comment

I don't. I am happy at my farm size.

Comment

I hope land prices keep going up. Cant understand you guys wishing on your investments droping in value?

Comment

Damm I sure wish those of you that are reaping 6.75% would share the nowedge it would beat hell out or farming and doing all that work.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              Damm I sure wish those of you that are reaping 6.75% would share the nowedge it would beat hell out or farming and doing all that work.
                              Just gotta take some risk and look around a bit. If only I had a schwack to invest. I know where it would go.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                                I hope land prices keep going up. Cant understand you guys wishing on your investments droping in value?
                                I have said this exact thing on here over and over and over again! What other business in the world hopes that their best most secure asset goes DOWN in value? LoL farmers don't sound very smart sometimes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...