• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

money?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton, I can appreciate the fact it is a growing trend but unless prices arbitrage more between conventional and organic I think organic will always be reserved for people who can afford it.

Hungry people won't care which system produced it as long as they can afford it.

If the majority of Producers choose to convert to organic the premiums will erode. The more people who convert the less conventional produced food...less food period, which would bode well for producers who chose to remain conventional.

Probably room for everyone.

Comment

Farm,yes you may be right but....

We now have an 80% penetration rate in africa with cell phone use?So a bloated starving kid has more info at his finger tips then the president of the united states did in 96?

Always breakdown the paradigms in your head

more things will be created in the next few years then ever created before,thats not me,thats ray kurzweil who heads up r@d at google now alphabet ,old guy,blow your mind guy,has been right about everything for 60 years,look him up on you tube

Comment

There is room for everyone. There has to be some balance between organic and conventional.
        When the economy collapses, organic premiums will disappear. I have lived it. So if you plan to change to organic, you had better want to BE organic for more reasons than the money.
        I have seen a lot of half crops and only slight premiums over conventional grains.

Comment

We are ****ed

the big oil guys laughed at me to when i said oil would fly by 27$ well over a decade ago,some of those debts couldn't be paid out of vanity

we need a restructure of our brand,i nominate Larry weber or kevin hursh same guy,(just kidding larry old joke,seriously love what you have done for ag)we need to front run this,call it semi organic or responsible ag or what ever

the world is moving against us

Comment

Only the affluent countries.
            The less affluent will still buy efficiently grown high volumes for lower prices. They need that kind of food.

Don't stop believ'n

Don't sell your sprayer yet!

Comment

Cotton, If your looking for a b.s. Session you can email me hobbyfarmer365@gmail.com.

I am usually kind of farming on teachers hours 8:30 pm -3:50pm

I quick call into an Expo West attendee confirmed the industry is bringing in organic Grains and health foods for exactly half the price I can do it in Canada.

Comment

Hobby, are all cert processes, hoops and hurdles, all equal across the globe? Are usual unscrupulous nations to be trusted? Half the price of your COP?

Comment

Farmaholic, I have never studied much about the certifiers and equivalencies. In North America there are equivalencies. Also a person can get EU equivalent certified .
                  No to COP question. The imported grain is priced at half my cost of production 15% as a profit margin.
                  My buyer is US and he did agree that my farm pricing is right on with any Canadian product but, they will substitute with lower priced product when necessary. Its just business!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...