• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

money?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

money?

Is it all about money?

Not when it comes to family

Not when it comes to health

Not when it comes to peace of mind

Not even every day

Necessary evil.

Comment

To some....
      Just talked about this yesterday. There have always been some that were shysters, but many business were operated on ethics and doing the right thing, keep employees during down times, helping out someone in town that was "in between"... charging a reasonable profit.
      Today, it seems to be all about the returns. CEO's that can make big returns, regardless of how it is done, get paid well...hell, look how we justify China, and buying stuff from them because they are cheap, not because of their humane rights record...
      Many seem to have the motto...
      If it makes money it is good...corrupt or not...
      But there is still good....and I think it is growing.....!

Comment

"Anyone tells you that money is the root of all evil doesn't ***cking have any! They say money can't buy you happiness? Look at the smile on face, ear to ear baby" Ben Affleck boiler room

Comment

"who ever said money can't buy happiness clearly didn't know where to shop>" Bo Derek

Comment

As a farmer aren't we all striving for money? I farm to make money! It's a great way of life, but without money you certainly wouldn't have it. We're no different than anybody else in that regard, in most cases having money means a better life

Comment

Making money is what its all about but it should not be the only goal and at the expense of something else - Family, health etc

On the flip side, is it some farms goal to have to most debt??

Comment

Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade cream corn, spinach strawberry feta salad, creme brulee, family and curling......

Yeah yeah money makes life easier.

We all try to earn it, $pend it and $ave it.

Comment

Easy to make money. Harder to hang onto it!
                  Everybody else wants it.

Comment

Who was it that said.."I have been rich, and I have been poor"..Rich is better...

Comment

Don't ever only measure your wealth in dollars and cents....

Comment

You are right Farm...
                        The neighbors here who appear to have it all..Have no time for family life..OR a LOVE life...They are awake at night trying to figure out away to screw there neighbors out of land or rent...They are called the "Grimm Reapers" by my wife..If you are sick, they come a knocken...

Comment

Like so many things, moderation is the key....however I still think we have elevated "earnings" to a higher level than ethics...and that has been the demise of many societies.....

Comment

Money isn't the root of all evil, it's the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. ( greed )

Comment

Originally posted by stonepicker View Post
                              Money isn't the root of all evil, it's the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. ( greed )
                              Yuppers. And it depends what you do with it and what the motives are. I would love to be wealthy and do good for others. Best feeling in the world. Most want the dollar for themselves tho. Each to his/her own. I know which is more rewarding.

Have a neighbor or ten who have no clue when the kids birthdays are, but they sure has a nice balance sheet! lol.

I dunno, the dollar chasing is getting pretty ridiculous these days, in all of society, not just farming. More of a me, me, me world all the time...

First world problems.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...