• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vix

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vix

If my phone isn't lying to me she's up 27%

Are you an owner cotton?

Comment

No I'm not that smart. Errol and i where talking about it a while back. It's a volitility index I'm guessing it front runs what may happen

Comment

Is it an indicator? Not a basket of traded stocks....

If you don't know you have to ask, even if it makes you look stupid.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 11, 2015, 13:10.

Comment

Volatility index.

Comment

It something you can buy if you think the market is going to go crazy. It's priced off the volitility of options trade in the s&p wouldn't pretend to know a heck a lot about it. Personally watch capital flows and believe it to be a front running indicator but I may have a hard time defending that arguement.

Comment

cotton . . . investors are finally getting concerned about the fallout in global oil prices. This is hammering U.S. stocks today and likely contributing to the VIX rocketing today.

Believe global commodity fallout is now a direct threat to U.S. economic recovery heightening recession risks.

What a strange time for the Fed to be talking-up rate hikes (IMO).

Comment

[URL=http://photobucket.com/]/URL]

Comment

That was to the end of 2012. Maybe someone can post something more current and use the above one for historical reference.

Comment

So many balls in the air hard to keep track

P/E ratios are to high,earnings are a guess,interest rates wow market hangs by a thread on a quarter point

At least the money bunnies are getting better looking every year

Comment

Junk bonds are getting a no bid. Wonder what's going on default swaps must be going mental.

Guy on bnn seems like he knows something said "I have never seen this"

Comment

Vix over 20 (just about 25).

BDI down to 588.

Trucking firms south of the border "slower than usual".

Up here, trucking, train both slower than normal.

If the US raises interest rates it'll be 1929 all over again.

Comment

If its 1929 all over again, then cash is king. Wouldn't that be a lark? hey Cotton.

Comment

cash may soon be illegal if interests rates go negative as per BOC remarks.

Comment

What you mean gold?when cash was gold?

I have made that bet yes it will b a lark.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...