• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need an opinion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New s690 is a nice machine demod one, quiet, smooth, beast comes to mind. Problem is could buy 4 used 9895's for same money. Who is going to get harvest done sooner the guy with 2000 hp vs 600 hp imo.

Comment

I think NH must have had some dud sieves on certain years of CR's. We replaced both clean grain sieves within a week on our 09' CR9070. It's not a big deal to change really. I noticed a slat in the auger one evening. Next morning by the time the dew was dry we changed it out and were ready to roll.
      The new sieves are upgraded with a spring tensioner that keeps the wires from vibrating and eventually cutting through.
      We have an 04' CR with double the hours and have never touched the sieves.

Comment

sf3 , just curious , will the new deeres combine flax , alfalfa , etc. ? we looked seriously at one a few years ago as their salesman for the northeast was exceptional , as was their service . but all the green guys around here kept a 9600 in the shed for these crops so we're kinda scared off .

Comment

I am partial to the CIH rotary combines, everyone says they are excellent but total hogs on fuel.

My neighbors run massey rotaries, one guy runs a massey duplicate with Gleaner skin.

The one neighbour walked me around his and it looks low maintenance and built sensibly. I missed a demo at the hutterite colony where the class 8 massey literally passed the class 9 Deeres the entire time.That maybe possible, but the story was just a little too biased and Its too bad I did not see it for myself.
          The Lexions are built for big crops and tough conditions. I seldom have big crops!
          Klause had a point, some older Lexions are
          dropping in price and if a person understands them they can be big capacity for reasonable cost.
          I never understood the romance with Deere. They are definitely excellent at brand marketing. Their service sounds excellent as well. Lots of Deere in this area, lots of multiples, good savings if you buy 6 or more at a time. Ha ha!

Comment

SF3, how did the 690 sieves end up in the chopper?
            Deere water pumps and fan bearing issues have ruined my opinion of their quality.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...