• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need an opinion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an opinion

I realize this is a marketing forum but with Agritrade starting tomorrow I need an opinion. Very simple question Claas vs New Holland combine, used with 5-600 hrs similar in price just want your opinions.

Do you have a good dealer close by for parts and service if you need service. Resale value? Maybe someone whose ran some of these could chime in, I've never had either but think you need to consider the points I brought up.

Comment

Closest Claas dealer 40 mins new holland 25 mins. Best service close to me is an Agco dealer. Tried a 9895 Massey wasn't impressed. Run a CR 960 now need to update.

Comment

Pretty simple then, get an R series 6 or 7.

Comment

Why didn't you like 9895? Unlike the yellow ones they don't stop. No breaking concave shear bolts, a real stone trap, returns go to the front of the rotor where they should, double the useable cleaning area, and reversable rotor . If it has the updated front chaffer airfoil it needs lots of wind. Steinbauer it and pull all the reverse bars off the rotor and most the knives and they are a unstoppable beast.

The yellow rotary combines have a short lifespan, over complicated, a pain to service but do have an advantage in tough conditions with smaller rotors. Be ready to replace all seives at 1000 hours for about 5 grand.

If you have hills 9895 might not be for you because no self levelling shoe.

Comment

have you considered a Case 8120 or 8230, or 9120's,9230, they will combine any crop , unlike some of the other colours and they sure are simple .

Comment

BigLentil I am curious about your sieve comment my CR has over 1600 threshing hours and haven't had a problem maybe I need to have a closer look.

Caseih had a 8120 with a stienbauer chip combining in 75 bus CPS crop against my stock CR960 both with 30 ft headers. The Case was a nice running combine .5 mph faster but probably twice as much fuel consumption. This is also my concern with updating to a bigger newer NH.

Comment

The Claas will be the best on fuel - hands down.
                Deer and Case are pigs on fuel .

Comment

Hamloc, we're dealing with the same issue. We really like the Lexion hybrid threshing vs the rotor only. Dealer support is an issue. NH, Case and JD are 10 minutes away (all good), Lexion is an hour away.

The NH and Case sieves seem to have limited life. The Lexion sounds like the best on fuel. The JD just isn't there for the money they cost.

It doesn't matter what colour there are horror stories and glory stories about each one. But, with exception of dealer proximity, I really favour the Lexion.

Comment

yea , no argument on the fuel issue !

Comment

The wires that hold the slats start rattling around until the wires actually cut through and pieces of slats end up clean grain. Neibour had change out all of there NH at 1000 threshing hours as well.

Comment

Find NH airfilter design bad, sucking from bottom corner of rad sucks.

Comment

I have a question as a Deere Guy. I like our product with the New 2015 S690s they work in shitty Conditions Day in day out.
                          Now we like ours because of one thing Service is 15 min to 5 min away. That is the most important thing now a days.
                          So here in my question if your AGCO is best service why not get the gleaner the big one.
                          NH have no value in 5t to 7 years and after that are scrap. Case is good on new series and I would buy that one. but if its service we have no one close. 1 hr away

Comment

Have run all the colours and all we run now is claas. Combines designed in Europe for crops and conditions like we have. Not a corn combine adapted for small grain. Was running large hybrid machines and now have newer wide body walker machines. Best bang for the buck and easy on fuel per acre. Second choice would be new holland. Good luck

Comment

I always thought Case and New Holland built in same plant by same company with same self levelling shoe but nobody ever complains of sieve problems with case, why is that?

As for Gleaner have never tried one and historically always thought there was reliability problems might be fixed now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...