• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the canola carryover?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the canola carryover?

Cambra in Lethbridge $0 basis and having to haul canola with trucks from their local elevators in to keep the plant running. Viterra just came out with -$3 for oct -$1 for nov and -$1 for jan delivery in Lethbridge. Is this just local but I have been hearing it in most places that companies can't get canola. Is Tom right and it's because of the late harvest? That's doesn't seem right to me. Only middle of sept, it's not late. Oh and cambra just shutdown for 10 days for "maintenance"

If there was carryover it would be easy to access. If guys had dry canola leftover they would be cutting paper dry deals to keep combining.

Somethings not right with the numbers.

Comment

I drove to Saskatoon... Edmonton and home 1200km yesterday. Lots of newly harvested Canola in the bin... but since prices have dropped... farmers are making the market pay up for that Canola.

Good for those who have the dry Canola in the bin... I would not expect any less of anyone who has an ounce of Common Sense.

Mother nature... is rationing supply... after Equinox and weather change... watch out!!!

Comment

Clavet doesn't seem too interested. Basis bids range from $23-38 under.

Comment

Clavet had a sweet ass deal of 10 under fob farm last week.

Lots of that canola west of stoon won't yield very high...

Comment

there's no carryover. all bullshit . there was a good premium here to fill a train . lots of cars of new crop canola shot outta here testing 6-7 mt at $10.45-$10.50 /bu. . was a nice price from combine . no contracts , just like the good old days . thanks to grain co. for a good pricing opportunity for new crop . it will probably be referred to as carryover by the experts , but from what I saw , it was all from combines

Comment

If that carryover does exist, its what I call the high hanging fruit and harder to pick. There will be more low hanging fruit soon.

Where's all the "streaming canola"?

Comment

Well, north west of Stoon will be better than anticipated

Comment

I agree with Tom. Most farmers are locking their bins and aren't willing sellers. Most in this area have delivered on their DDCs and have their cash flow covered for now.

If basis strengthens some more it might be good strategy to lock the basis though.

Comment

I agree with Tom. Most farmers are locking their bins and aren't willing sellers. Most in this area have delivered on their DDCs and have their cash flow covered for now.

If basis strengthens some more it might be good strategy to lock the basis though.

Comment

Comment

There's the carryover! Triple posts!

Comment

Ya bucket the numbers are funny.Week 4 and 5 numbers from CGC grain statistics weekly are off kilter for process elevators.

Comment

It's not a bad theory Braveheart but I would be carefully with that. Remember these companies have a lot of good sales with high margin built in. And there is a lot less grain to handle on the prairies. There is no reason that we shouldn't cut into that. I think if we can sit tight till Christmas, these bids or basis level will get considerably better...even in a higher futures market.

Look at he the last time we had supply this low(and that's NOT believing stats can). Lots of 0 or better basis levels.

Comment

Their was no carry over its bull shit.
                              Plain and simple you can sugar coat it any way that number from stats can is bull fricking shit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...