• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DePape gets hes corn pone

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pardon me but when I check germ; low germ is almost always caused by frost damage. Light bran frost sometimes ok... Just depends if wheat was mature when the frost damaged the kernel.
    Ask any seed lab.
    Not this topic so don't kill the messenger... Your offensive attitude speaks for you.

Comment

Tom

If that's pointed at me - thank you.

And in kind I find your lobbying offensive.

Comment

I think you owe Tom an apology bucket. You do realize that the grading standards for seed are different than for grain in the elevator system right?
        You sure like to bitch and moan about anyone and everything though I get the feeling your the kind of guy that wouldn't even volunteer to sit on the board of your local library if asked.
        Get a grip FFS.

Comment

this site is funny,if my wheat froze tommo ,ther be a lot of farmers wanting to take over my contract.wonder if i will be called a liar ,like numerous times before,screw the cwb.

Comment

Tom

I apologize.

Mjolnir

I have been an rm councillor. Not that it counts. I do try to talk to my MP and express my concerns and offer solutions.

Not much luck there either.

Comment

BTW Mjolnir I called the cbc to interview Tom about his hunger strike.

So I do see the merits of some of Tom's intentions. Just don't agree with him on this.

But I still enjoy the discussion.

I really have to work on the way I express my opinion.

Comment

Thx Bucket, accepted.

I grew a very thick skin over the last 40 years of CWB... while growing seed...

Hopefully we don't ever cause those who buy our seed any reason to be disappointed. So far so good... and we aim to keep our seed always honest and the variety and germ that is stated on the invoice. Not anywhere near enough money in seed to cheat anyone... Seed is easy to tell if problems... as what we sow we reap... no short cuts...easy to see exactly what went on... the next year.

So many years commercial contracts would have paid more... and seed growers are always paying the royalties on stock seed... planted on our own farms. About 30 years ago this exemption was taken away... as new varieties came forward. Now about $4/ac... for crop inspection... over twice what it was 3yrs ago. Often to sell as commercial when guess is wrong on spring planting needs of other growers.

Comment

Helmsdale. I think you might be right that Canada wheat production in comparison the world production is small. But our share of the export market is noteworthy. Imagine our share of the export market of some niche specialty crops.

Does someone have the numbers at their finger tips and could they please post them for wheat & durum.

I may be wrong but....

Comment

Helmsdale. I think you might be right that Canada wheat production in comparison the world production is small. But our share of the export market is noteworthy. Imagine our share of the export market of some niche specialty crops.

Does someone have the numbers at their finger tips and could they please post them for wheat & durum.

I may be wrong but....

Comment

http://cafta.org/pages/agri-food-exports/wheat/

Durum exports we occupy a significant share, and price seems to respond. Last year was a case in point.

Wheat, i remember someone saying there is only 1 or 2 months of the year that a crop isnt being taken off somewhere globally... Just historically speaking, production woes in w. Can gave never seemed to place much pressure globally, and surely not to the upside domestically as was evident 2 yrs ago.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...