• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Predicted this dryness January 28, 2015.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God help you if you plan listening to the weatherman!

What's next, Gwenerva's psychic hotline on grain prices?

Comment

Each to there own I suppose. Weather forecasting is much better than it used to be. Paid handsomely to listen this year.

Comment

Not everyone in western canada is having a drought.

Comment

I read Drew. I planted as normal.
          Perhaps one factor in my decision to turn down a larger, very expensive cash rent property.

Comment

Drew even predicted the late late season frost event for our area.

We do take his forecasts into consideration, but there are other factors. The early canola on our farm that froze out was planted early because it's land that if it gets wet can be a challenge to get on, and there was a big rain in the forecast.

Comment

What happened to the $134 million Harper invested in weather forecasting back in Jan?
              Should have just gave it to Drew and made it free for everyone.

Comment

Forage,

You must have taken an extra long shower... you are all wet.

I DO believe in climate change... anyone who farms must carefully consider the year ahead... the risks involved... and the best way to meet the challenges of dry weather or wet weather... which ever one may bite us. We had RICE tires on our combines... because for 3 years falls were so wet.

I plan to use CNCP very little this year.

You were clear you didn't care one iota about my CNCP issues... so I did not bother you with this bothersome issue that bent your brain and bothered you.

I am told the CNCP bill was paid off an number of weeks ago.

You and Hunter get along well together...

Kind of like two peas in a pod... motivated my same mentalities...

YOU ARE ALLWAYS RIGHT.

Cheers!

Comment

wmoebis,

The weather forecast Drew did... was free for the asking. If you liked that kind of risk management... Drew/Farms.com/and many others told a many year story... that western Canada often experiences over a generation. There are many sources of information to consider... the worth of that information is for the wise to consider... and a great secret that changes our lives!!!For the better!

BTW, Drew about nailed the dry area and those who would have normal rainfall... with the proviso that if it got dryer and less moisture fell... the dry area would expand. Which is what happened.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Did we get the same forecast/warning for the $134 Million?

I do not follow their forecasts.

Comment

Tom4cwb

Just how many farmers would base their seeding intentions on a long range weather forecast? Come on TOM what percent is really out there. You like to come across as having some sort of finger on the pulse of every farmer. Put a number out there. That's why you took on CNCP you thought you knew more then the ones who took on CNCP several years prior to your law suit. Your big ego got the better of you.

Their is a different weather prediction from everyone of them. Fifty percent will be right every year. They can't even predict the forecast two week in advance never mind several months. How many threads have been started here on Agriville complaining how poor of a job short range forecasting is.

Comment

So happy for you... because it is very obvious.. that you actually know more than anyone else...

It must all be because of your very special bellybutton!

Cheers!!!

Comment

Are you insinuating that I am NOT HONEST!!!

Have you been drinking green tea???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...