• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half way mark seeding you guys are done

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half way mark seeding you guys are done

Hit half way down under 14 in 14 to go.
    Big ask with one 85ft seeder but weve got 7.5 staff .5 being either me or my 13 yr old son lol

Almost done here. -4 degrees this morning, may have to start again. We shall see.

Comment

Daley, where do you live at -4?

Comment

Yea that's a great question as it's nice out here since 4:30 and no frost plus 8.2.

Comment

Ontario. Most of the province had some degree of frost this morning. Got a couple of friends nearby that hit -7 to -8. Could have been an expensive night.

Comment

Must be all that hot air you spout SF3 that keeps the night time cooling away. Last 48 hours here - high 23C, low -2.3C, high 23.8C, low -1.1C. Nobody making a big fuss about frost - guess we are used to it in Albertastan.

Comment

Finished for now Malle unless we have to reseed. Dry weather here helped the cause but could use a shower to keep the dust down.
              U farm some of that land down under that u can drive for miles then turn around and be back in time for lunch?

Comment

not quite but biggest field is 1035 acres

Comment

28 quarters?

Comment

I am wondering the same. 28 paddock?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Think more likely thousand acres.
                            Perhaps Mallee can explain their land survey system.

Comment

Western Canada survey system changes at second meridian in eastern Sask.
                              East and most of Manitoba has 99 foot road allowances every mile and both north south and east west.
                              West of second meridian is 66 foot road allowances separated two miles north south and one mile east west.
                              Many untraveled road allowances are farmed across.
                              Not sure which was used in most of western US where basic square mile system was used.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...