• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massey Discers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 32' IH 300 diskers with ball and socket gang connectors plus rubber mounts were the only ones to work in STONES. Never broke a blade, whereas the CCIL and Case needed blades every day! Did many acres of stubble before the Sunflower cushion gang double off set disk.

Comment

I can remember my Grandpa talking about the Hanson brothers, I'm not really sure what the unique idea that the 3 men I named added. Everyone has long since passed away and all of it was way before my time.
      We planted canola with discers in 1997 and got 45 bpa. sure was different then, cheap seed, no disease or bugs to worry about, sold it for close to $10/bu.

Comment

Hopalong - I understand the Rouleau museum is being dismantled. I talked to a guy a while back who was trying to save some of the things like the early diskers.

Sumdumguy - there was a segment on Prairie Farm Report a few years back of a couple guys in Sask who pulled an air tank behind a set of diskers as you suggested. I'm not sure where they were located but I recall they were using White tractors. The seed boxes had been removed from the diskers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...