• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a spokesman or group that works for famers!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a spokesman or group that works for famers!

Sitting here reading all the posts and banter, back and forth, has me thinking, more and more, Farmers need a spokesman for them.
    We need to do like Europe, pig prices down bring in 50 and let them go in govt offices. Or spray shit from a slurry tank on Ag offices.
    The city are so far removed from primary production it's not even funny.
    Our politicians have no clue what's going on and neither do their advisors. Yes men from the rural, live in a fantasy world.
    Farming has always been one of the worlds oldest professions.
    Hookers have more power than us in some places.
    But throughout history it's us against them.
    Us farmers are good at growing a crop we have passion for that. We love the great outdoors, and all the freedom it offers. We sit back with the attitude others will look after our well being and make sure we get a fair shake.
    We even have bull shit organizations that are suppose to represent us, but because no one really cares they collect fees and say industry is doing a great job. Farmers adapt.
    Yesterday the idiot from Cp said grain prices went up 166 percent why wasn't all groups in the media calling bull shit on this asshole. No they sit back because we don't want to ruffle feathers.
    The new seed act not even a wimper.
    The rail problems last winter it's not on my line so just complainers.
    It goes in and on and on.
    Farmers wake up no one is working for you. Not one organization. Not one politician, no one.
    Ah farming nothing changed since time began.

I guess you weren't paying attention. That group already exists - the NFU. If you think it needs changes get involved and change it. There is no need to re-invent the wheel.

Comment

No one will continue in any group that is their we need a totally new group. Then when a shit show like Weib marching in usa it would be exposed or the WCWG saying nothing about the CP shit yesterday it's shown.
      We need one group for all farmers.
      50 shitty groups do nothing.

Comment

I agree, these organizations may have started out with good intentions but have become stale or are being bought ,
        It would be hard to commit much time since everyone who knows first hand what is going on is busy stomping out there own fires and keep going.
        There is still a few good ol boys who weren't afraid to run the border and make shit happen, but gettin on in years now.

Comment

I couldnt agree more. I recently offered to go on a board but never was contacted back. Instead they put an older guy on who is already on 6 or 7 other boards.

Comment

The comment about the groups in place is bang on and the comment about putting out fires of our own is true.
            I'm just saying what's out their has run its course and we need change. Yes in time what is crested will do the same thing but what we have today has already went long past their expire date. Years past!

Comment

Do you mean Large against small, close to border farmers against those far from borders??CWB suporters Against "free marketers". That kind of groups???

Comment

whose gonna call the first meeting ? maybe we have some volunteers to start this ? the pricks know how to beat us ,most important shit is decided or rammed through when we are the busiest . and yes why isnt EVERY farm group all over this shit soewing out of CP , not a peep ???

Comment

Well said Horse, if you get a room full of farmers you get a room full of different opinions. All these farm groups were first started on this premise but they all seem to fall off the rails and cater to a few special interest groups. Instead of lobbing for all farmers interests. Most of these groups are just another hand in your back pocket. APAS,NFU,Sask canola,barley growers, WCWG, Freinds of the CWB amd on and on. I know I'll get blasted by a few but the truth hurts.

Comment

Horse , I hear ya, it would have to be sorta specific and some topics would have to be avoided to keep the different opinions out of the discussions but I think we nearly ALL agree on a some.
                    Pretty hard to argue fertilizer prices, rail service,basis levels, these would be most likely to cause internal bickering,

Comment

My bad!
                      * NOT to cause internal bickering

Comment

What you folks don't seem to grasp is that YOU have to take collective responsibility. Saying this group or that group went off the rails so they are no use, there needs to be new groups or the organizations that are out there need to change to reflect your interests at this precise moment in time. It's part of democracy that you have to be working constantly at it or it withers and dies. Don't sit and idly speculate that you need some new group that will speak for you - get off your butts and get involved, if you don't bother why would anyone else?
                        I stand by my assertion that a group like the NFU is the only answer - it must be national, it must cover all sectors of agriculture, it must be independent of Government or corporate interests. You might not like some of the things the NFU has done in the past but hey, tomorrow is a new day, the future is in your hands - get involved for the positive change you want and steer the organization in the direction you want.
                        ……..Or just keep on doing nothing because you know the results that brings.

Comment

Why haven't you heard a response from Farm Groups regarding CP drivel? They have to meet first and "decide" what is going to be said.

(unlike the loose cannon I am)

Comment

CP should be on strike or locked out by the weekend.

Who cares?

No one. If they did the contract would be done by now.

They are arguing about lay over hours. It's a no brainer - why would you want sleepy conductors?

Comment

Bang on grass farmer. The organization is in place now. If you have an issue get on board with the NFU. National org that has been fighting for farmers for years. Yes some of the issues have been over the top but in general the NFU does a lot for the whole industry. Why try and start another organization, group to fight for our rights when we have one that has the experience and knowledge to fight with the government.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...