• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So If the Retarded Sister Cant rally this winter will any one grow it next spring!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandem this is about marketing and marketing is all aspects of the industry.
    We have been growing the yellow flower since the early 60s. Guys use to ask why. It was real easy why. We grew they stayed the same. CWB and HRS and Barley and SMF.
    But what I see now is a huge new area that has appeared where rotations are every second year in non traditional area. They have so many more new boys to fleece they cant believe their luck.
    Lets get 24 mmt by 2020 bull shit. Well only one group it helps and it sure isn't the farmer.
    Why do we trade at a deduction to Soy!
    Yes we use to be king but something happened. That's what pisses me off the most losing a great crop to greed.
    Sell farm would be a easy way out. Fighting them is way more fun. Those that believe Seed area will be up next year better take off their glasses and realize the 2015 will be the smallest crop ever and its all caused by a industry who just got to greedy for its own good. Fleecing farmers for piss poor seed varieties that are no different than the ones before. Just so they make a buck and we don't. Simple just like the store that goes out of business because it wont adapt. Vote with your drills the seed is way to expensive.

Comment

That's the point BTO - your right , and everyone is avoiding that fact - canola always traded at a premium to soy - now it's a lame duck - what is the real reason? If canola is truly no longer a premium oil it's fuked ...
      One would think that oil should still be worth more than meal - cattle numbers are down and corn DDG's are up and soy meal supply is highest in history.

Comment

The numbers that Charlie pointed out are exactly why canola traded at about that $40 premium for as long as I have been farming till as BTO stayed 4 years ago. I thought this winter it would finally get back to that normal - if it does not at least trade even , or god forbid back to that premium , the canola industry is going to be in trouble as many on here who grow the crop are saying. The depressed pricing compared to soy and the extreem gouging is getting to a critical point.

Comment

Furrow your starting to sound like me.
          But all joking aside Canola always gave us a great return then about 4 to 5 years ago something happened.
          Now with a 84 cent dollar we should be getting at least 11 a bushel for the crop but aren't even close. Yet the seed chem keep going up.
          I blame it on all the Newbies that came along with extra acreage. But another part of the problem is these groups offering cash up front for poor mr farmer to plant a canola crop then they do contracts with crusher to basically supply them with canola. This deal is also bullshit. Hey a good drought maybe is the answer. But its real easy if farmers vote with their drill the crop is dead in the water and then what. All killed by company greed.
          SEED IS TO HIGH AND WERE NOT GETTING A FAIR PRICE FROM SALE AT END.

Comment

Also crushers doing contracts with BTO guys like Broad ass. Is their more suppliers (BTOS) than we think. Who the Crushers are feeding to guarantee supply.

Comment

Soy is mainly meal, canola, oil. Veg oils, especially very processed canola, are getting slammed by consumer perception, and demand is falling. Margarine sales are nose diving in favor of butter. Poly/Mono oils should not be heated due to trans fat formation. That's what processing does. It's going to be industrial only soon. Then it might be game over.
              "Buy what you believe" says it all.

Comment

So clearfeild and Nexera canola only hope from demand side ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...