• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trains can’t be built for winter, says expert

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didnt say trains "cant" be built for winter. He said with the way the industry operated right now they have no reason to.

Comment

fjlip,
      Can only speak for the UK where the railways were nationalized in the late 1940s and offered poor service and usually at a loss until they were privatized in the 1990s. Service and profitability have been up and down since then notably down when there were a series of accidents due to poor maintenance by the companies.
      Big difference from here is that they are mainly passenger trains - only something like 10-12% of UK freight is moved on the railways.

Comment

IMO, this spineless government should give them real good reason to make an effort. Give them an ultimatum, WITH TEETZ.

Comment

Who the hell is this so called expert trying to kid? I can still remember the last of the steam locomotives in the late 50's, and they always ran, 40 below or not. I can remember the elevator agents, as they used to be called, coopering and loading them old boxcars in -40 weather. They bitched and swore under their breath, but got it done because they were told by the railways, that they have no time to waste, and if the car was not loaded , it was hooked up and taken empty. Then the company would get 1 or 2 less cars next time as a penalty. You don't **** around with the CN. Now they claim they can't run in minus 25.? What a ****ing joke. As a kid one winter, I hauled dray from the CN station in Lynn Lake Man. in the 60's. It was minus 50-60 for 2 weeks in a row that winter, and the trains always ran. Trucks ran. You just never shut them down. Don't believe it for one minute that trains can't run in cold weather.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...