• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

survey shows rail movement is good in 2014

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopalong

The system could be set up to bid cars when the contract is signed. That way part of the logistics is done well in advance. Then during harvest for spot or projected heavy inflows the bid rises for cars.

I am not sure why when I sign a contract in January for September delivery the freight rate is left out as a set price. It's an easy out for graincos and railways for farmers to continue to pay.

Those rates like the price of grain should be set when the contract is signed. I can't change my price if something unforeseen happens without a penalty assessed.

To be clear I am not arguing just going thru a process of why railway prices and logistics can't be prescheduled better?

Comment

Hopalong

Yes there is merit in bidding for cars.

If a north American solution could be found where the cars are not needed or the bids are low to move resources it could work great. And if harvests go back to less overlapping I can see it working great along with open rights.

Needs a lot of discussion but it's workable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...