• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US vs Canadian durum prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US vs Canadian durum prices

Why the huge differences? I thought there was supposed to be parity.

That's what I thought too. But if you want those big prices you are supposed to truck it to the states.

Really it's a license to print money for the canadian graincos. And the government applauds it. They were worried before what the cwb was doing and say absolutely nothing now that graincos do it.

Actually it pisses me off.

And it's also absurd to truck grain south to upgrade their crop and be no closer to port and drive by 15 Canadian elevators.

But have at it.

Don't get me wrong, the arrogance of the board I can do without. All I want is to haul grain when it's convenient for me and stick to the contracts I signed within reason.

Comment

Ah my dear bucket, do not forget about the mighty Missippi or the awesome Missouri that flows into it. It is interesting that where the Missouri turns South to Helena near Havre Montana, it used to turn North up into Canada and paddle steamers took supplies up toward Edmonton, but in the 1800's the army core blasted the crap out of the North route and extended the Missouri farther west toward Helena and Yellowstone. Can you imagine the economic benefit to Alberta and Western Sask if they were connected to the Missouri today?

Comment

I have said it more than once we have to look for a north American solution.

More trains are needed for not only ag products but other products as well.

If anyone in the transportation system had been paying attention, goods and people would be moving by rail economically.

Instead we have the mess we do.

Wrecking highways with product that can be easily moved by rail.

If governments had any backbone farmers in my area wouldn't be driving past a viterra elevator in eyebrow to deliver to viterra in moose jaw. They could just issue fees to viterra, not the farmer, for forcing the grain onto the highway.

I drive 45 minutes north to deliver to gardiner dam terminal right beside a ****ing railway that turns around and takes the grain back south past what should have been my delivery point of eyebrow.

Rail and grain logistics in canada are ****ed.

Comment

Maybe FNA should start collecting farmers money for choo choo trains.

Comment

What huge price difference? Just called around again yesterday. My best canadian bid was only $0.75/bu less than the American one, and needed me to truck much further.
            The American bid was actually lower, but the currency exchange makes a big difference right now

Comment

How is that fertilizer plant coming along. Have they put a spade in the ground.

Comment

Probably just to dig the grave for the idea? LOL

Comment

Speaking of durum...

AGT used the same spade to dig the grave for the proposed pasta plant.

Comment

Does fna had a spade in the ground for the fertilizer plant?

Comment

Sorry for the double post. ****ing samsung and the operator of it.

Comment

FNA should hire Pike to raise capital. I can't believe the guys he talked into loaning money to his operation, at the 11th hour when he was broke and likely had no chance of making it. Guys running billion dollar hedge funds. Totally amazing.

Comment

Dave4441,

I also noticed some big efficient farms on the list that invested in shares. Ii think they hired his management group.

Comment

Shareholders/investors are not on the list, only creditors.

I think some of them are actually land renters to Broadacre. Maxcrop is the one the comes to mind as being owed rent from this current crop year. There are a couple others as well that simply rented their land to Broadacre and wont get paid.

Comment

that list is the tip of the iceberg of who is going to lose money out of the broadacre deal. The list is does not include equity investors and they probably wont get a cent of their money back let alone any kind of return on their investment.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...