• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No a more On Farm Seed Treating

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just saying, if big ag chems want to use those principles, why not employ the same strategy? Business is like war. If that's their move, what do we do next?

Often, rules end up having the opposite effect of what was intended.

This seed thing was not a big deal the way it currently is as most farmers just don't want the mess with dirty augers etc. and will get treatments custom applied. It is just so obvious they're using it to increase costs to us.

Comment

Did I mention we should give Menzies shit.

Comment

Agstar

Is there a Brett young treatment facility around every corner?

or is it coming soon to a location near you.

I don't think alot of people understand the logistics of what is happening here.

You and most farmers do. But the guys making and approving the new rules don't have a sniff.

very frustrating.

Comment

Don't waste your time or breath. They have selective hearing syndrome....

Actually thats a shitty approach to take. Start yelling and screaming.

Actually that too is a shitty approach to take, use tact and diplomacy at least their defences won't go up.

Have a drink and forget about it.... just one more hand in your pocket or if its one already in there, now its a little deeper?

Cheers

Comment

Those are some good posts Braveheart.

Comment

AFSC now requires you to use a seed treatment on cereals for coverage. No big deal if you can do it yourself, but what about when you want to clean your own seed? Its going to wind up locking some guys into certified seed each year. Its all about squeezing us out of the last nickel.

Comment

What I find ironically hypocritical is how some wanted government out of their business...

Well they are still there, stacking the deck against us. Why did we need legislation to allow us "freedom" to do business yet others need legislation to "force" us to do business with them? Where's the competition in forcing, there is no real competition anyway? You want what we have? Here it is and here's our price take it or leave it. A power shift, or more aptly described, a loss of what little power we do have.

Comment

At least the input supplier are getting good value out of their lobbyists. Crony capitalists are using the government to put more money in their own pockets. It is how the system works.

Comment

I dont think afsc requires you to treat.
                    All politicians get paid to make rules especially when unneeded.
                    Something fishy about this. Without farmer exemptions cereal treating here will fall to near zero for while.
                    Waiting to hear from the other lobby group!

Interesting about lignohumate. Locals that tout it have solonetzic ground with ph in the 5s.

Comment

I like your thinking Braveheart. Thats exactly what we need yo do, go to war. But to do that we need a unified voice that is actually working in the best interest of farmers. I think that is where the whole thing falls apart. I dont know how to fix that. Farmers cant seem to agree on much.

Comment

I would still like to know if this regulation is actually intended to apply to apply to farmers that language is ambiguous.

Comment

I would think both the NFU and wcwga could put differences aside to attack some of these common farm issues with one voice.

Sadly neither have enough leadership skills to pick up the phone and start the conversation.

Point goes to the industry.

Comment

In my opinion this applies to the industry. Croplife members and seed growers that sell treated seed.

This won't apply to farmers, just like we have no warehousing regulations.

Is lignohumate sold under the tradename Best? Sounds similiar to me.

Comment

Lep I think so too. I think you guys are wasting mental space on this one.

Comment

Want to treat your seed; yourself; then say goodbye to access to desired seed treatments.

With compliance; audits and record keeping required of those that can purchase those inputs; do you you still think treating your own seed will ever become available?

Will Brett Young's new plant offer that service? .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...