• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No a more On Farm Seed Treating

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No a more On Farm Seed Treating

<a href ="http://awsa.ca/accredited-seed-treatment-operation-standards/"> get a load of this gem.</a>

Doesn't that Ted Menzies head up Croplife? Time to give him shit. Sounds like another revenue grab.

I'll be using Lignohumate seed treatment, or none.

Comment

What. ?

Another conservative sell out.

No kidding?

Comment

I am thinking this wont apply to farmers. Hope I am right but i might be wrong.

Comment

It mentioned end users.

A gem indeed.

Comment

You farmers wanted change...well you're getting it. Safety standards for storage and health all will benefit the end user and the environment will be protected as well. Win, win situation.

Comment

Giving away some more of our rights, boys?

Comment

Thee Almighty Con giveth a little with one hand and taketh even more with the other.

The Gospel according to the Blue Book.

What Primary Producers have been subjected to, is it true austerity or political patronage to Business elite? I voted for these assholes but didn't think our interests would be placed so far behind Corporate interests. I cant even see their tail lights, we've been left so far behind. This better not affect the Primary Producer. Is it beginning to sound and look like canola seed treatments. It will really compliment UPOV91. Loss of control. It is ****ing amazing that we can make a living in the business environment we are expected to function in. But let's not let the clouds of dispair block the few faint rays of sunshine that do manage to break through. Unreal.

Comment

Ted Menzies in as Croplife President replacing Lorne Hepworth, who is now President of Genome Canada.

Growing Forward 2 will provide funding for "research and innovation" because those poor Companies cant extract enough from the market place. All the while legislation is put in place to help them extract even more!!! Where did these extra funds come from? They re-allocated them from the now gutted Growing Backwards program that Primary Producers are supposed to rely on in the event a wreck from various causes. They couldn't stand to see the potential liability, from healthy program margins, facing them that some farms were lucky enough to establish. So for our "good", and the good for the industry as a whole, they gave the potential benefits to the corporates that supply us with the goods and services so we can all benefit. Because farmers don't spend money......

Comment

Might be doing the same braveheart

Comment

So I googled "lignohumate". I read about it. The article was written in English, but after reading it, I realized that not all English is created equal. Just to say I did not know much more after reading about it then I knew before. Braveheart, can you tell me in plain English why you like Lignhumate?

Comment

Suffice it to say that no one will have access to "Proseed" or any designated seed treatment (now or in the future) unless you get your seed treatment facilities up to standard; have all your training requirements up to date; including for instance operators and forklift certification ; OH&S; paperwork galore; renewal audits; on going compliance and your own " 24 hour emergency response number". Lack of that number would probably disqualify your operation on its own. I wonder if they would accept a Magicjack number?

So getting a successful farm audit before the deadline would be daunting at best and also onerous (at best) for any farmer that I know.

And then there is the hurdle of the chemical companies having any intention whatsoever of giving an ordinary farmer access to Helix or any designated seed treatment products.

They are in the seed and royalty business too.

It is time to get out. These governments are not interested in farmers welfare.

Comment

come on guys
                          it is all being done for our benefit.

and it has nothing to with the new UPOV regulations

and no it is not the canola seed treatment thing ,all over again.

where seed and treatment Co.s are in collusion to lock out anything generic.
                          seed or chemical wise

we all know those cheaper generic seed treatments are inferior .

the chemical may be the exact same.
                          but their blue and red colors are just not vibrant enough for Canadian
                          conditions

crop life Canada and your seed Co .
                          ( and our regulatory friends, in govt.)
                          are here to make sure. you can only
                          get Premium product, at a premium price.

you deserve nothing less

just think how impressed your grain and oilseed buyers will be . when you tell them how much your seed and treatment cost.

Comment

And sawflies, you are so right that moderators would be wise to close this thread on that note.

Comment

Sumdumguy, ligno is a by product of the coal industry. We use some in the seed row and usually about .75 Litres/acre foliar at herbicide and again at fungicide time.

Our own tests, leaving it out of a tankful the first year we tried it, gave us about 5 extra bushels of canola/acre. This was a completely unscientific trial with only one year.

What it does is allows the plants more photosynthesis. It leaves the plants with larger leaf area and the leaves stay on longer. Plants have more energy and vigour.

There is benefit in high ph soils. No benefit shown in low ph soils.

There is now a ligno seed treatment. You have to be careful with application rates or you could do damage. The theory is, the seed gets enough vigour to weather any fungal attacks. I like the concept because there is beneficial fungi in the soil that regular seed treatments kill. It would allow me to get "Agcellence" while sticking it to the big agchems.

I don't know how good my English was. We feel we get a return for our investment, or we wouldn't keep using it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...