• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm bureau survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why wheat cannot hit 35 dollars per bushel some day soon all it takes is a temporary shortage. 35 of course is not sustainable in the short term. Cotton sees an increasing amount of mouths to feed, less increases in farmable acres, not enough new genetics, shortage of fertilizer, a few crop failures somewhere, and people willing to pay 35 dollars. Cottons comparison to gold price is his way of convincing himself that the world will pay.

Rockpile a mutual fund investment gives you a pie chart showing the different sectors and percentage in each sector. Does not tell you how much the investors take of your money for running the fund. Its not done for nothing. I guess I just like to know where my money is. I guess if one has half million in Mutuals and the fund managers are taking 3 percent that is 15,000 dollars up in smoke every year. That amount of money would hire some pretty good investment advice.

Comment

No.

It is a currency event.

How many zimbabwe dollars is a bushel of wheat?

Does this metaphor help?

This is about the purchasing power of a dollar.

Gold is just something people picked a few
      thousand years ago as the yard stick to measure
      things against.

Copper works just as well.... except if you want
      100million worth which would be a few warehouses
      of copper or a suitcase of gold.

If there are more dollars(units) of any currency
      prices rises...this is econ 101.

As far as mutual funds all fees are straight forward
      and up front,bench marks against the s&p,load,no
      load,etc,etc.

As far as what the fund is in,the top holdings
      should be specific and on the funds website.

Comment

Cotton: I value your contribution to posts and feel I can learn from you. All I ask is please be more thourough in your explanations, you know what your talking about but others, like myself, may have trouble following. Sometimes it takes more than one sentence to get a point across. I hope there is no offence taken. Thanks

Comment

Non taken,i try get my point across in as few as words
          as possible for the sake of convinience.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...