• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big moves - actual market info!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big moves - actual market info!!!!

Is there not a political or town hall for all your election b/s???? Canola just made huge moves this morning, and all anyone wants to do is piss on each other over election b/s on a marketing thread...

Higher canola is a good thing, hopefully I can get all of my seeding intentions planted this year.

As long as the government is involved in marketing grain, politics is a lot more relevant to the marketing thread than I'd like it to be.

Comment

USDA planted vs. harvested

http://news.tradingcharts.com/futures/8/4/156076848.html

Comment

Furrowtickler,

One true 'single desk' (the Canola futures exchange) is working!

Glad one part of our marketing system is rational!!!

Comment

Have a look at the mgex tommy boy, good rises there too. Take the blinders off tommy, your not a race horse!!

Comment

Border the prospective extra planting of corn wheat and cotton are an extra 10 million acres, where is this land comming from? The numbers don't ballance, There is not near that much reduction of other crops.

Comment

Smallguy,

By the time the CWB is done spinning the PPO's... for cash prices.. (which are based on one of the US wheat futures exchanges) the CWB are very often paying well short (25%) under... fair market value.

Sooo why exactly do I have blinders on... when the CWB pays $20/t less on the basis... and takes off another $40/t on the 'adjustment factor' off our cash price?

Comment

Are by any chance some of these winter wheat acres going into Soy production, thus counted twice?

Comment

very possible hopper.

Comment

I assume so Hopper, since 70% of my winter wheat acres are winterkilled and will be going beans and I hear there's a lot of the same in the I states.

Comment

My winter wheat still under a foot of snow, but spring arived here this a.m. so time will tell.

Comment

dalek,

Are you warm enough that you can actually tell if it has been killed?

Are your lawns in Ontario actually greening up now?

Comment

Yes Tom, there are lawns greening up, lots of green wheat in areas where it wintered through OK. The adjusters are already starting to inspect some fields now.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% sure it's beyond saving yet but 85% sure anyway.

Snowing again today but last week some of the custom liquid manure spreaders were starting to run.

Comment

Hopper, some of the acres could also be CRP, a lot of land was up for renewal this year, so I heard, and farmers may have opted to turn it back to crops.

Comment

Considering moisture and grain prices I was also thinking that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...