• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crisis/Opportunity

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an article on Japan port capacity and impacts earth quake.

[URL="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-14/corn-climbs-as-japan-quake-unlikely-to-dent-demand-wheat-gains.html"]Japan[/URL]

will be short term impacts as Japan deals with damage at ports, impact of potential electricity blackouts, etc.

Comment

Never much liked the uranium,just seems like it
      will only ever be a small piece of the
      puzzle,especially for the forseable future,add on
      all the problems and ive never really considered
      it.

Cattle are to much of a quasi value add industry
      in my mind and i dont touch value added
      industries with a ten foot pole.

Both are reasonable investments with upside,just
      not for me and maybe im wrong and both will be
      the investment of the decade.

Not today though,uranium stocks are taking a 25
      percent haircut.

Comment

More stuff on impact Japanese port capacity/impact on unloading. Ports in the north more oriented to container shipping. Grain ports (perhaps other than impact electricity and other disruptions) less impacted - limited impact on the ability to import wheat/canola).

[URL="http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/14/japan-quake-ports-idUSL3E7EE0AL20110314"]Impact Japan grain terminals[/URL]

Comment

TSX uptrend appears broken at the moment. Perhaps resulting in a Canadian dollar to USA dollar drop. Cotton what do you think of BHP? They have been taking gains on the year on the increased price of coal. Tuff call, the Japanese wear face masks. Will they Hold on to Nuclear or switch? Its about the future not the today. Big question. Like I said in another post, I have the feeling we have not seen nothing yet. When explotions start happenning in a Nuclear plant not sure if they can work fast enough to stop the chain reactions about to happen.

Comment

Switch to what? I think they are screwed power wise - very little options.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...