• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crisis/Opportunity

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis/Opportunity

Nothing like watching a sunrise on a sunday
    morning with a toddler for a moment of complete
    clarity.

With the geo-political events of the world over the
    past little and long while i believe an incredible
    opportunity has opened up,right under our nose.It
    may stink when you first smell it but i gotta feellin.

Six years and 700% later i believe i will start
    unwinding some of my metal position on monday.

"A crisis is an opportunity riding a dangerous wind"

-chinese proverb

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/FC/M
    I'm not sure what the right way to invest in this one is.

Comment

http://etf.stock-encyclopedia.com/LLCT-LSE.html

Comment

don't worry. tomorrow the bobbleheads on bnn and cnbc will tell you what to do. but if you tune out the static what they are doing is shrieking buy, buy, buy. they have to be the most useless bunch of shills in the universe.

Comment

I think the future is in this Gov't getting it's act together and start pushing for value added here and start selling finished product instead of raw. We should be already building the malt houses and flour mills.

Our markets will be too busy rebuilding thier houses. Tell them they don't have to worry about manufacturing food we will build that. Worry about getting your lives rebuilt.

But oh no we will send aid to help them instead.

Comment

but when western canadian grain farmers have a little hiccup like a dry (or wet) year they want all the aid they can get. lol.

Comment

I think you're smelling toddler cotton diaper. (lol)

I'm sticking with the 1000% metal increase over the last three years as they have a good ways to go yet.

Comment

cottonpicken, I thought I read somewhere recently that Japan was the 2nd biggest purchaser of US treasuries. If that is true, and they slow down or heaven forbid, stop the purchase of US treasuries, because they'd rather use their wealth to rebuild Japan, wouldn't that have a huge effect on the USD. If other buyers are hesitant to take up the treasuries, won't the dollar decline and interest rates rise? Wouldn't all that cause metals to rise? Are you just getting out before the next leg up? Just asking, where am I wrong and want am I missing?

Comment

i don't think there will be any big disruption from japan in the us treasury market. the americans will offer some sort of consideration behind closed doors so that everything will go smoothly. the japanese might not buy as much but it will be done in such a manner as to not upset any applecarts. there is nothing in it for the japanese if the us dollar were to collapse.

Comment

Easy to be a genie Marketeer in yer own mind Cotton, anyone can make up numbers, weather ore knot its Reality is the 64 million dollar Question. Tell me why da tird largest Economy in da Whole Wide World needs Aid??????? DO YOU GENIE'S TINK FER ONE SECOND DEY WOOD HELP YOUS IN A CRISIS????? I tink knot. Also One wood tink dis is good fer da Japans cause dey have been in a Depression fer decades, lots of jobs now gittin everyting back on line. Bridge is built, git over it, onto next weeks news......

Comment

why cattle? what am I missing.

I have been trying to figure out what japan will
                      be needing to rebuild. I imagine they will be
                      needing a different source of power generation,
                      what they rebuild with I'm not sure, ng, coal..
                      Was there that much infrastructure destroyed
                      that raw materials will going up. I imagine
                      uranium stocks will be taking a tumble
                      tomorrow.

Comment

Any kind of a generator is aligned to thousandths of an inch. The japanese power model would have been in turmoil had it been coal, natural gas or hydro. The generators would have needed to be shutdown for a re-alignment or they would have shut down anyway.

Unfortunately, the nuclear reactor near a major fault is not the wisest combination. But for power generation, does japan have any other option?

The logistics for coal and natural gas maybe doesn't make sense.

Comment

As far as i know the fed itself is the largest
                          purchaser of treasuries with china japan uk
                          somewhere up there.

The recent news of china saying it has 30percent
                          more than reported makes me not care anymore
                          about official numbers.

Checking now your a metal bull all of a sudden?
                          lol i bet

Bto,your right anyone can make stuff up,but some
                          are more believable than others

Comment

Give it a week, and uranium stocks will be in the toilet and a baragin buy. (:~).

Motherboards. Wet motherboards need to be replaced. Device demand will come second, right after food. IMHO

Comment

Parsly, good insight. Japan is highly technical and use their electronic devices more ways than anybody in the world. Um, I do not really know what is the main ingredient in computer motherboards. There is gold, lead? silver? silicon? LCD flat screens, Liquid Crystal Display? I kind of tuned out of the electronics. I just click the mouse and get stuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...