• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Excess Moisture Program - File/Re-file

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Excess Moisture Program - File/Re-file

As harvest slowly proceeds, we are seeing up to 25% of my swathed cnola fields unfit to support a combine even dualed using 800 70s with 540 42s beside them. Limiting factor is the back wheels sink when you turn.

So now I would suggest everyone file or re-file their 2010 Excess Moisture Application and ask for much more acres now classified as "2010 Acres Seeded Then Lost Due to Flood". You have until Sept 30 to do this. Plese give it some thought... You will see many acres you swathed that your combine will not reach. Even if you think you can get when the ground is frozen, you still might not.

I agree we found that out when we desicated the HRS and Durum. Way more areas pouched than I thought. But map a field with GPS and then take out all 0 production. Some fields up to 65% are at 0 production in peas. That was the most exteam half section but still maps tell an amazing story.

Comment

this program should have an extention, as there will be plenty of fields that won't be entered by combine or swather before the end of Sept. tough to get a good estemate without.

Comment

I agree till were done no one really knows the extent of the damage. Its huge. In Man and Sask. Alberta has frost problems but their is insurance for that. When your combine drops in mud their is no warning this year its just bam down to the header when its all way up. Broke one tow strap so far. It was a heavy one.

Comment

To me there is no difference if the flood caused there to be no crop or it caused you to not harvest it.

I see alot more people looking at the measly 30 dollars and thinking the NDP were right should have been considerably more. There is gonna have to be some kind of additional dollars as reality of equipment and drying costs etc. is sinking in.

Also what if your crop is over wintered and you cannot do anything with it by june 15 crop insurance will not cover you. That is happenning this year so why would anyone not expect it to happen next year. Totally unacceptable.

Comment

Also on the higher land the 30 bushel canola you cannot get to shells out because of flooding you should be compensated for that loss also. If your other fields put you overcoverage you have no insurance on those acres they are a total loss therefore that should be covered by the disaster program. Sisaster program is covering everyone else for loss that is not insurable so why not for farmers. That is what a real thought out agri recovery program should have consisted of not just converting the old cover crop and giving it a new name.

Comment

Does no one think that AgriStability will help?!

Comment

There is a production component to CI. I realize it is based on overall production but let's interpolate that down to one quarter,if you're guaranteed 4,800 bu (160 ac @ 30 bu avg) and you only produce 2,500 (100 ac @ 25 bu and 60 ac @ 0 bu), you should get a payout based on your shortfall of 2,300 bu. Not all is tied to a $50 unseeded and $30 top up. If your overall yield comes to above CI production guarantees, maybe you don't collect on CI but Agri-Stability may kick in the next year. Be reasonable guys....if we got the $100/ac unseeded, every farmer would have preferred to not go through this year and just sit back and collect $100/ac!!!! As is, I'll make $80/ac on my unseeded which is more than I'll make on my lentils unless I get a blind Saskcan rep.

Comment

Not for us guys that went through this recently or other guys with any other losses it won't. There are so many variables for example if you have livestock, livestock has increased in value over last year that could be enough that all this loss on grain could not be recovered by anything. This is such a ridiculously stupid program. And if it did pay it wouldn't be any money until who knows when, next fall, and how many are afraid to even accept a payment because chances are recalculted down the road and owed it back.

And I ask you dirtgirl if it did work for some is it fair that those who have no margin get nothing and some will get more than some that had a crop will?

Comment

Those are the key words choice2u "may" get a payment. I don't think people in town that are being paid for their losses "may" get a payment they should get their payment period. It's time for us farmers to get what is "reasonable" This disaster should be treated as such us farmers that had past desasters should not be hit again harder than those that did not. Could you imagine what the public outcry would be if someone lost three or four times in the last 5 years to flood and then this year comes along and there is no coverage?

Comment

Unseeded acres get you access to the $30 and $50, but just remember the $30 will be less than $30 due to the reduction factor they use. No one gets $30/ac. Also more importantly those acres are out of your production numbers so if you enter a claim you are hurting your crop insurance payment. DO NOT claim the $30 if it got seeded. Not to mention unseeded acres will haunt you in both present and future crop insurance claims.

If seeded and lost to flood you will get to keep the acres in your garrantee calculation and you still get the $50/ac. On my lentils my crop insurance will be $400,000, if I mistakenly claim 10% not seeded then my payment will be $350,000 and $30 program payment only $5,000. While at the same time the loss due to flood ($50 program) will be $15,000 in both cases.

Comment

every circumstance is different, how are you getting the 50 dollars and coverage? 50 dollars was for too wet so no ci production liability further i was told. if you are overcoverage on let's keep it simple 2 fields seeded, you can harvest all of 1 and are above ci production in next field cannot harvest due to wet and drowned out areas you wouldn't claim the 30?

Comment

Rider... There is sort of 2 different $50 programs but you can only get one or the other. A farmer can get some not seeded money and then get more for flooded... but these acres are independent of each other.. You get either not seeded, or flooded after seeding. Not seeded removes the acres from crop ins so your guarantee is lowered, but flooded after seeding it gets you $50 but you keep the acres in your guarantee.

Comment

When was the deadline for the after seeded flooded, because that was not the way it was explained to us. If you took the 50 bucks, on acres seeded and flooded you got the establishment benefit if you worked it by a certain date. then you would get 30 on top. But if you seeded and had crop and it flooded but could not work it out you got only the liability and 30 bucks.

I think the deadlines for all of this should have been extended, I know some of our fields not turning out what we thought but how could you tell until swathing.

Comment

Maybe the question to ask is did different parts of the province treat the 50 and 30 different from other areas of the province? How does this work in Manitoba and Alberta?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...