• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PASTURE PATRONS MEETING SASKATOON

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadie: Its been my experience that if
    you use common sense, offer constructive
    criticism, and positive solutions you
    will have no trouble getting people to
    listen to you. The fact is a committee
    of two,negotiating with 100% support of
    fifty patrons will have more credibility
    with government than this association
    will have, when government knows there
    are patrons out there who do not want
    these people speaking for them.

Comment

Roscoe---You are back.

Here is my own personnel experience already. I am in two PFRA pastures with 30 head alotment in each. Last October I first heard from Government at the one pasture that has 49 patrons, two grazing sites and it is 42 miles away. 23/ 49 patrons were present. We were told buy or lease with scetchy nos and 0 nos for improvements. First we have to reach in our pockets and form an association or body with our own $$ up front for lawyers and accountants. Buying was already out and leasing option was already iffy with 49 patrons who live miles apart and very tough to get enough to a meeting. Without nos to work with who can consider playing or just quit. OH there is 75% funding on the backside of the deal for this business plan up to $120,000.00.

We were told OH each patron has to throw in $1000.00-$2000.00 seed money up front to start this process.

We asked if there has been a module yet to follow on copying the articles of encorporation of a membership corporation. No not yet.

First who wants to be part of that BULLSHIT negotiating team wasting time and $$ and gas trying to see where the scattered 49 patrons are and their thought???

Now fast forward to Jan 21 and we had a second meeting with lands from government in a second pasture that is 23 miles away and with 29 patrons. Again a lease and a buy option (???price) no value for improvements yet and we questioned didn't some of the patron $$$ go into some of these improvements over the years.

Same bullshit story that we have to reach in our pockets and form an association with upfront $$$. Again who wants to negotiate for the group. How many will be left in the group. Some new members got in with 15 pairs and some are at45 pairs and some with a recent extention of quota might be at 60.

That is the story. For $100.00 and bringing as many together of pastures willing to go this way why do we have to re-invent the corporation $$$ work and legal costs for each of the pastures that want to go this avenue.

Simple ROSCO--$100.00 learn alot and now compare to what Manitoba has achieved as they went together with all 24 pastures working in a group.

I can sit back this time. I will help where I can in reaching out to people. My connections in this province are very deep either through the veterinary clinics, the cattlemen Iknow through the cow-herd I operate and to so many people that benifited when SAPL organized along the Enbridge Pipeline corridor and worked collectively on so many issues of pipeline construction on property, Landowners got involved at the table to build a better pipeline on their lands. The compensation was just the footnote at the end which seems to be all that is important to some people. Roscoe the issues are also important.

That same deal on pipelines spread to Hardisty ALberta and Bingo the AAPL group on the Transcanada Keystone and yes the Keystone XL land rites followed the deal that an association and a negotiating team did that now the corridor through south west Saskatchewan through Maple Creek, Val Marie landowners all benifite from.

Roscoe--how is your experience with dealing with OIL AND GAS. How well do you know the methodology of Land agent tactics. Interesting Government Beaurocrats use the same tactics.

One more thing Roscoe. Make your phone calls to government. Talk to people and we will do the same. The more the phones right at the offices of the Bueaocrats and politicians provincially and federally then great things could happen. STALEMATE. All progress is stopped.

That would be a great thing for many of us from out position here.

Professionl management keeps their jobs on the PFRA pastures. Managers and Riders keep their jobs and they are able to stay in our communities and keep these small communities "WHOLE"

Roscoe --anothere LAND AGENT TERM.

Comment

good on you... I know a bunch of southern Alberta Feedlot boys that were looking at these parcels as nice additions to their real-estate empires... Its not often you find big chunks of land blocked and ready to go... Hope you guys can pull it together

Comment

The governments position is now and always
          has been to make available these pastures
          for patrons to buy or lease, maybe you
          could explain to me where the dividing and
          conquering comes into that plan.

Comment

gaucho--

There is another group at play as well on these lands. FSIN wants some action also with Treaty Land Entitlements. TLEs.

In the pastures up our way with all the confusion and uncertainty "going forward" until this province wide meeting and now association in the process there were numerous pasture patrons ready to just sell off their cow-herds and exit the business.

Roscoe in your pasture of 50 patrons. Are you going to keep all of them with you in this process. Two of you will go in a hammer out the big deal and then take it home to your 50 patrons. Now we form a new grazing group and away we go. Upfront $$ needed. Are all your 50patrons sitting with the same parity in this situation. All equal allotment shares per head. What about the new patrons that just got accepted. In a pasture next to us two young lads got in with 13 cow-calf allocation. Now they have to go the process with those that are 35 years in at 50 full cow allottments.

Form your association now. Dig in your pockets each of you and upfront $20,000.00 to $30,000.00. How many of your 50 will be left. How many maybe close to the end of their career. No lets just give them the push out of the industry.

Roscoe---both governments desire has been to sell or lease these pastures to the pasture patrons. Who was the advisors to he ag ministers on this whole process. I know several who sit directly under Mr. Ritz advisory committee. Some of these "GREATS" were heads of these cattle groups like the CCA, SCA. The movement looking back came from the lobbying within our great cattle industry with the mandate that there is only room for the cattle industry in this province. You have to e a big boy or you do not matter.

Comment

Smmgrath---back to your comment. These pastures were not a loosing entity. They were a success story for all the stakeholders including the public, the hunters, the pasture patrons, the professional management of pastures. Employement was huge in many communities. Again WHY , WHY does this road have to be taken!!!!

Lots of media attention now, lots of discussion, The public wants a say now on the future of these pastures, FSIN wants in.

Maybe a "stalemate is possible". Stop the download into perpetuity!!!!!

Comment

Roscoe

Explain to you where the divide and conquer technigue is in place.

The fact that all 62 pastures have to negotiate on their own is one huge factor. The other factor is that they want to divest 10 in this year.

Look what Manitoba has already achieved. All 24 pastures came together collectively and have built a new structure on leasing. It is already $1:00 off what this Saskatchewan lands group is at. Bingo that might prevent more patrons from bailing and get out of the business. If you loose 1/2 of a pasture patrons nos that now puts you in a different calculation factor.

What else has Manitoba collective accomplished. They have been able to collectively keep the pasture management staff (Managers and Riders) even interested. They all have been asked to stay on. True a reduced rate of the Federal Government pay schedule but are considering offering en lieu of payment the ability to keep stock at the present stations.

Why the idea of divesting the first 10 this first year in Saskatchewan. The government didn't want an uproar and media attention. By bringing all those pasture patrons together at the meeting last Wednesday did what the Saskatchewan and the federal government didn't expect. Huge media attention. Yes Lyle Stewart was put on the spot.

True Federal Ag Minister(RITZ)was also in Saskatoon at the SCA meeting the same night. I wonder if the two AG MINISTERS had a meeting later on that night together. HOW DO WE HANDLE THIS HOT POTATO THAT HAS BEEN CREATED?????

Rosco---you commented that you are going to talk to lots of pasture patrons. Get them to talk to the governments as well.

I prefer using social media. A well drafted letter can go out to 1000s under bcc and in Address books off this computer. It is great to also have a seperate bank of Media contacts as well.

Global news, CTV, CBC, Neil Billinger is tied into Regina, the western producer has about 5 writers addresses as well, Grain news, cattlemen are connected. The many local newspapers across this province.

Exciting now isn't it.

Comment

Keep this thread going while I am gone.

Week to relax in the sun. No agriville. A book and ---the better half.

Check in a week from today.

Comment

Can't beat commitment to a cause eh?

Comment

Hey folks, I know this thread has been dormant for a
                      couple months, but I am interested in hearing from
                      some of you. I am a freelance writer out of Winnipeg
                      with a focus on rural issues, and I am putting together
                      a story on this issue. I would really like to speak with
                      one or two of you about your thoughts; how these
                      changes will affect your operations; and how these
                      changes may affect the land. Please contact me if you