• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

b s e

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b s e

latest news this animal had a tattoo
    so must be a purebred beef animal
    why not I-d botton ?this is the best !our Canadian system in the world.
    animal born and raised in ab
    we will never find out ! like in the usa
    it did not hurt export and our system proved to be working

Exactly. She didn't get eaten the system works. Media and tinfoil hat crowd are losing traction on this. Let's worry about shrinking herds and beef supply. Not many of us young folks left.

Comment

Latest cow was born on the same farm as the 2010 one? Hmm

Comment

Where did this info come from Dalek?

Comment

https://www.realagriculture.com/2015/02/latest-bse-positive-cow-born-farm-2010-case/

Comment

Thank you.

Don't know about your side of the province but is sure staying winter here. Cold cold cold with moderate snow cover.

Comment

Lots of snow here, township was out with snowblowers today throwing banks back. Some places they were cutting 8-9' deep. Rumour has it we might get above freezing on March 13

Comment

Okay Ritz...time to come clean. Did you know that this was a repeat BSE discovery when you first announced the new outbreak?

2010 to 2015...five years passed...what measures were instituted on this farm/ranch to track possible sources of infection?

Too much secrecy here and I don't like it.

Comment

What if the impact of dumping all the stuff dumped out on the table at once would precipitate total devastation like in 03?

There are a few of us that haven't forgotten that; our scars remind us daily.

In light of the fact that BSE exists everywhere in the world at some level, why do you think it is that Canada is almost the only country that is REPORTING the odd case of BSE?

How hard is the US testing, or Australia, Japan, China...you get the picture.

Canada tests at a rate 10X higher than the US. And Canadians - whether it is for trade reasons or just because of this pricey, boy-scout complex - seems to be finding some because of their high level of testing.

The risk to consumers is practically nil.

The risk to the livelihoods of 10's of thousands of ranchers and farmers is astronomically high.

Every aspect of this event must be managed with regard to the best interests of every one who is affected.

We producers just happen to be on the front line and wouldn't mind at least a show of consideration.

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Due diligence - diligence due

Comment

I imagine Mr. P. Has something to say about this. It sure creates an uncomfortable situation for the CFIA. I for one would really like to know what the follow up has been on this particular farm. This is the first time we've had a repeat.

Why? What's going on?

Comment

In addition, here in Manitoba, when a herd has been found with a TB positive cow, there has been NO hesitation to pull in, take all the cattle to slaughter, then haul the family pets off to be put to sleep just for good luck.

Why the difference?

Comment

Not much to worry about in Canada, our status doesn't change and it is history with the media and consumers. In the UK there were around 44,000 cases of BSE born after the initial 1988 feed ban. Since the enhanced feed ban was introduced in 1996 I believe there have been 57 cases. These are generally blamed on the fact that the potential feed contaminants had still been permitted in hog and poultry feed and this could result in cross contamination.

Comment

If I had a farm next to this one that had a repeat case of BSE five years from the first one...I would be bloody well worried about it. Especially if animals could be nose-to-nose across fence lines.

What is to prevent another repeat in five years down the road? Information that gets aired in little dribbles is quite frustrating and causes more suspicion that there is a "cover-up".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...