• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCIA TAGS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the subtlety of my writing confounds you Sadie - try reading what I said slowly and you would see that I didn't accuse you of what you claim.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens when we reach the time that we can be considered BSE free. That day will come, believe it or not.

Comment

Always fun to see CCIA tags come up in a box at a farm auction sale. Good luck tracing back an animal with that system.

Comment

Have you seen that happen 15444? I was asked that question back in 2002 re how we handled that in Europe by one of the initiators of CCIA. When I said it was an obvious no-no and had to be highlighted as such they turned around and circulated that information to auction sale companies. Never seen it happen in AB, or ever heard of it happening.

Comment

I've never seen it either, but I did get a tag reader for a good price at an auction. I like it very much. Much safer way to check an ear tag. Anything that cuts down on the danger element is good with me. It even read the cat's microchip, and works on the sheep too. LOL

Comment

Is this post still about purchasing CCIA tags? We buy the Allflex ones in a box of 100 from our local Co-op for just over $300. Has anyone found a cheaper source?

Comment

That's about as good as it gets around here. Buying under a hundred at a time adds up pretty quick. The price takes a big jump.

Comment

Yes, GF, I have. Also seen a lot of retiring neighbors hand their tags over to another neighbor to use. No way to stop that in private dealings.

Comment

Auction markets put their own tags in cattle delivered without a tag. They used to let us bring our own but not any more. Don't know what documentation is done.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...