• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cattle trucking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to respond to your last statement about me having a problem with the plant making money. Could not be farther from the truth Christoph. I want the owners - the producers - the ranchers - to make the same money that the plants are making now and more. I say - get a stick and get into the game and instead of having a problem with packer profits - take it home to the ranch.

Once again - your ranting is making little sense so no point in continuing.

Comment

gaucho, I have no interest in selling grassfed overseas so the South Americans likely won't bother me but point taken on their price advantage.
      I wasn't advocating you take on direct marketing to Calgary rather trying to make the point that distance from market is often overstated in my opinion.
      I know one guy rearing quality meats quite far north in BC and it's all personally delivered to Vancouver.
      I'm impressed with your ambition, drive and successful marketing efforts but it's not the kind of operation I want to run - too big and too many headaches. It's good that we can each find different models that suit our different aspirations.

Comment

Randy an open mind is what got me and our company to where we are today... I will differ with you in the fact that marketing is everything and the plant is 2nd. Killing them and getting it cut right is super important but having a story to tell and differentiation through marketing is what gets you the markets and the value ... as an example all our beef is killed Halal... 25% -30% of a carcass is trim... I have a customer in Toronto that grew his business by 30% in one month across his 25 restaurants because he could reach out to a new demographic.... that's working with your customer who in tern makes sure we get good returns for our trim. If that is not an open mind I don't know what is.... having an open mind also means you have to sort what is doable and what is not... have a look at www.heritageangus.com ... brand identity, differentiation and a story is what will raise the value of beef not who owns the plant when you are not dealing with NB.

Comment

Another awesome job Christoph.

Or how about a little program like Canadian Celtic that has turned the page on trim to a point where we don't have enough. If you can't come down for an all beef hot dog at the Stampede, you should try one of the boys bacon burgers that they make with 25% All Natural Broek Pork and 75% All Narural Canadian Celtic trim.

http://www.secondtononemeats.com/

I was more talking about the big picture stuff however.

I'll chat with you about what I am talking about when we get to the next stage of development on a Producer Owned Plant. About the only place that will allow FULL animal use, and profit to stay with the producer.

Comment

Randy, I'll take you up on the dog offer and we can haggle over who pays. See you shortly. I hear you on the benefits of a producer directed (I don't care who owns it and it needs to be run by professionals)packing house. The ability to face them all east and have them blessed or any other consumer whim must be accommodated. I am looking forward to the visit.

I would also like to say thanks to all of you who are laying new track for the industry, from GF to Gaucho and all those in between.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...