• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cattle trucking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle trucking

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any trucks or truckers hauling cattle from AB into SE Sask. or SW Man. at the moment that might have space to haul 6 young bulls? My usual trucker has let me down and I could do with moving these bulls ASAP. Thanks in advance for any replies here or by email if you prefer to ieaitken@hotmail.com

Make sure they have their CCIA buttons. Buy a trailer and haul them yourself.

Comment

Don't know a truck specifically, but try
      www.cowpool.ca.

Comment

Profarmer!! You having a bad hair day?

Grassfarmer, my suggestion is that you call the bigger companies like Roberge and ask them. They'll be hauling fats into High River on a regular basis and likely would be travelling back to the east empty as some point.

Comment

I am not sure who hauls sheep from Highwood east but they might also be one to ask. They use a facility on SALE's yard.

Comment

Profarm how many Toyota's have you seen pulling stock trailers??? Other than on tv. Really!

Comment

I know of one forsure. Randy Kaiser used his Toyota Tundra to deliver some Bulls to their new home at Zero Earth Farms......

Comment

Almost right BTO. I do deliver bulls with my 1/2 ton toyota tundra and a 20 foot featherlight. However, One Earth Farms picked up their bulls with their own unit. I think is was a Ford.

Awesome young man working for them, alongside some other very knowledgeable cattleman. Maybe you could send in a resume BTO. I am sure they would love to acquire your expertise and dedication; even on a consultation basis.

If you do have a goose neck hitch in your pickup grassfarmer, renting a trailer might be a good idea. I find it a nice part of the business to visit the ranch you sold the bulls to.

I am planning on heading out to the One Earth Farms ranches soon. Sounds like they have an awesome plan to raise stock and market right through to the consumer and avoid the multinationals.

Comment

oh shoot --- I almost forgot.

Hugs and kisses to yous and yers BTO.

Comment

Speaking of multi nationals....heard Spring Creek was sold to Nilsson Bros.....truth or rumor?

Comment

Thanks for the helpful suggestions (and all the others too) I trailered the bulls to Strathmore last night and they are getting to Yorkton on a backhaul today thanks to Kelvington Transport. Don't have a Toyota although I always admired the Landcruisers - they had the fuel efficiency and reliability 20 years ago that north American truck manufacturers can only dream about now. I've got an old GM 3/4 ton diesel with 16' bumper hitch trailer - don't know if that meets your high standards ALLFARMER or if you're more a new Dodge dually man? I've got $8000 invested in the truck and trailer and it did 16 miles/gallon on the round trip last night. That's adequate for my purposes most of the time and I don't have the time or inclination to drive all the way across the country. Y'all have a good day now - and BTO if you have your spy glasses out mine's the yellow truck with a black hood.

Comment

Good job GF and your equipment is OK with me. Can't help but wonder tho if you are satisfied to drive on the right (wrong) side of the road? Just kidding!!

Comment

As for the spring creek / neilsen merger. It is in the works. Nothing but good news for true value chains back to REAL grassroots producers.

Comment

No probs driving on the wrong side HT, the gravel roads take more getting used to, specially when they are all potholed and washboards.

Comment

Lookout when you hit our Saskatchewan roads. Likely a good move GF to meet and have your animals transported. Potholes in the middle of alot of our highways. Lots of swerving around.

R.M. gravel roads ---so many with barracades and road closed signage.

Eastern side of this province is really very tough shape with the road situation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...