• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putin and Versatile/Rostelmash a view from the Russian side

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putin and Versatile/Rostelmash a view from the Russian side

Watch this video. It's all subtitled.

You'll get an insight into how Russia operates today.

It isnt a communist country anymore and it isn't poor or falling apart like the western media portrays it.

If i remember right someone said years ago russia was a sleeping bear and to let it be.

Comment

Were those "Versatile" combines that sold at Ritche Bros decent?

Comment

Putin is easier to understand than Trudeau and I don't even speak Russian... LOL!

Comment

on CNN , a guy talking about Russia.
          with 145 million people and a GDP the size of Australia with 32 million.

the corruption that has taken place over there to make so many oligarchs .
          must be out of this world.

the average worker has paid the price , in wages similar to China.

personally I think he is a mob boss , godfather.

but even he realizes , you need infrastructure .
          unlike the years of conservative's and liberals here .

that will not lift a finger , to get our nations products to market.

Comment

Sure Klaus, anybody that opposes Putin politically is either poisoned, shot, or jailed. You sit here in Canada with virtually all the freedoms in the world but post how great it is everywhere else. It certainly in't prefect in Canada and there are issues, but if your thinking Russia is the place to farm, I suggest you sell what ever you have as a farm here in Canad and move to Russia.

Your posts are as full of shit as you are. You didn't like Germany, you didn't like Manitoba, you bitch about Sask and Canada constantly, just F-off to Russia and then post on here how great it is down there.

Comment

But Forage, you gotta agree, we a blessed with a nation filled with resources and governments (one after the other) with no vision. One highway going through this country that hasn't been totally twinned - no twinned railway going through the middle - nothing has frickin changed in 100 years (since the birth of Canuckistan😂) . Instead we spend all the money on Quebec, Eastern pandering and grants to interest groups and international corruption. Shameful! We could be such a world power with some leadership - wherr this "h" is our Mesiah?

Comment

Yes Sum, there are issues the biggest is our vast land for such a small population. Moving raw material will always have logistical problems to manufacturing or export positions , no doubt. Government has been a disappointment, Paul Martin was trying to make a difference and we voted in a dud follow by another one.

I'm by no means saying it's prefect in Canada. But, when Klaus tries to say Russia is not a Communist county and feels farming under a dictator based on some video he found on the internet and is bettering Canada, I say say to him go for it.

Sum, based on your posts I'm thinking your of Ukrainian decent. Putin invaded you Ukraine in 2014 and has taken Crimea and Klaus is posting how Russia is advancing in transportation.

It's a free country if poster feel it's better somewhere else in the world move, then post on here.

Comment

Paul Martin didn't even want to pay taxes in Canada. ...probably still doesn't. .....

Comment

The same Paul Martin that had a shipping fleet in Bermuda 🇧🇲 ?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      Sure Klaus, anybody that opposes Putin politically is either poisoned, shot, or jailed. You sit here in Canada with virtually all the freedoms in the world but post how great it is everywhere else. It certainly in't prefect in Canada and there are issues, but if your thinking Russia is the place to farm, I suggest you sell what ever you have as a farm here in Canad and move to Russia.

Your posts are as full of shit as you are. You didn't like Germany, you didn't like Manitoba, you bitch about Sask and Canada constantly, just F-off to Russia and then post on here how great it is down there.

Do you ever post anything but factless attacks?

I never lived in Germany.

I never said go farm in Russia it's better.

If you want to live in a tiny bubble go on ahead... But I think it's valuable to know what the rest of the world is doing and how people's thought processes work in other countries and cultures.

Communism and dictatorship aren't the same thing.

Comment

We have a worker on our farm from Ukraine. He had his own farm in Ukraine and worked in Russia. There is so much corruption in Ukraine and Russia. Unless you are involved in the government or have some really good connections to the government it’s impossible to farm there.

When he come to work here with us he could not believe that we leave the tractors or Machinery in the field a the end of the day. He said in Ukraine and Russia they have to take the equipment back to a locked compound each night that have people guarding it.
                        On the big collective farms they have a person in charge of the fuel. When you go fill up the machinery with fuel they have someone at the fuel tanks keeping track of how much fuel you take. Everything is recorded and they watch to see that workers are not taking the fuel and selling it. They compare the fuel taken with the work done to see if things match up.

He told me about a few farmers who had land rented. The put the crop in and all the inputs. Then at harvest time these big agriculture company’s come in with a bunch of combines and harvest the crop and take the grain basically steeling it from the farmer who put the crop in. These big agriculture company’s are involved with the government or have some type of connections that they can do what ever they want. And a poor individual farmer or smaller farms can’t do nothing about it.

I don’t think this happens in all areas of Ukraine and Russia but it does happen.

I have been to Ukraine several times but we spent our time mostly In Western Ukraine and the farms are smaller there. I don’t think there was as much steeling going on in Western Ukraine but the corruption is still there.

Our worker is so happy to be in Canada. He got lots of story’s about the corruption there.

Comment

And what's different here....inputs are insane. ...crop prices are controlled by 5 families....

We are margin farmers....it's really no different at the end of the day.....

Farmers are wealth creators for anyone but themselves....

Comment

Another thing our worker from Ukraine was amazed about is how fast we can get parts for machinery here in Saskatchewan.

That took him a while to get used to. In ukraine when something broke it was hard to get parts for and they would have to try to repair or modify things to work as it was hard to get parts and if they did get parts a lot of them are very poor quality.

When he first come here it took him a while to get used to the idea that we can go get a new part and replace with new part.
                            The price of parts in ukraine is the most likely the same price or more than here in Canada. The wages are very low in Ukraine. They would work for 12 hours trying to build or repair a part that cost $20 and their wages paid for 12 hours would still be less than the part they fixed.

Took him a while here to realize that we don’t work 12 hours on something that cost $20 to buy new When the wage is $20-$25 hour for the worker.

Comment

Good post JAG, I believe your worker is correct and is not exaggerating. My understanding is that Russia and Ukraine have deep fissures that may never be corrected or healed.

If you want to farm there, in addition to having the tools of farming, you need an armed and trained militia to protect yourself and your assets. Such a waste of time and resources.

The basis of their population is that there is rampant thievery, a very suspicious people and there is no trust.

A proper functioning capitalistic system needs to operate on trust and the rule of law and the right to private property. Anything less is dysfunctional and very inefficient.

Even though we have in Canada the issues of some bad actors, overall we operate on trust and goodwill and people have good hearts and want to do well and live peacefully with each other.

In Russia and Ukraine, generations of government expropriation and corruption have led to hard hearts in their men. I feel sorry for them, given their natural resources, there is a lot of potential unrealized and will continue....so I don’t worry too much about Ukraine, Russia and the Black Sea being too competitive.

This Sunday morning, if you are so inclined, we need to thank our fathers, grandfathers or great grandfathers and thank them for coming here to this great land, enduring hardships but having a vision that I am enjoying today.

We have trust and good hearts in this Country and even though things are not perfect here, there are enough good people to make changes slowly that will make it even better here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...