• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putin and Versatile/Rostelmash a view from the Russian side

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have ever bought parts ....it's easy to identify who the thieves are....

Comment

Point is that the Russians are out competing us plain and simple. Does it matter the corruption there? No it doesn’t. They get their product to market cheaper than we can.

Comment

Russians are not out competing us.....they are doing a good job of making propaganda newscast and pretending to be something they are not....it’s part of their corruption and corruption leads to ultimate failure.

Putin as been around for almost 20 years...and opposition seems to rise and and then disappear....hmmm wonder why and where do they all go...After 20 years he is just getting around to the farm issues....

Russian GDP $US 8000 per person
        Canada GDP $US 42000 per person.

Don’t loose any sleep worrying about Russia taking over our grain markets....put your energy in fixing our system.

Comment

"Point is that the Russians are out competing us plain and simple. Does it matter the corruption there? No it doesn’t. They get their product to market cheaper than we can."

Location, location, location. So do you have any suggestions as to how we can move product cheaper to China. Trump put tariffs on steel and aluminum is agriculture next? Then what?

As for corruption mattering or not ask the farmers the above posters mentioned. Thanks Jag and Crest

I would sooner believe the word of the actual farmers then some B.S. internet posting from Klaus. When you call him out on it he cries, and expects everybody to agree with him. Grow a couple true Canadians already have them!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            "Point is that the Russians are out competing us plain and simple. Does it matter the corruption there? No it doesn’t. They get their product to market cheaper than we can."

Location, location, location. So do you have any suggestions as to how we can move product cheaper to China. Trump put tariffs on steel and aluminum is agriculture next? Then what?

As for corruption mattering or not ask the farmers the above posters mentioned. Thanks Jag and Crest

I would sooner believe the word of the actual farmers then some B.S. internet posting from Klaus. When you call him out on it he cries, and expects everybody to agree with him. Grow a couple true Canadians already have them!
            The easiest solution would be upgrading infrastructure. Rail mostly. And get some true competition on those railways.

Comment

The easiest solution would be upgrading infrastructure. Rail mostly. And get some true competition on those railways.

You really think it's that easy and makes us closer to China? Russia and China border each other. Two communist countries. Competition, there are two railways in Canada, like true capitalist they have eliminated all the other competition. Sort of what Putin has done in Russia politically.

More railway companies moving north is a pipe dream the major railways of North America have it all worked out. You think their going to listen to Western Canadian farmers who act like a bunch of cats trying to be herded up? Wake up you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

You really think it's that easy and makes us closer to China? Russia and China border each other. Two communist countries. Competition, there are two railways in Canada, like true capitalist they have eliminated all the other competition. Sort of what Putin has done in Russia politically.

More railway companies moving north is a pipe dream the major railways of North America have it all worked out. You think their going to listen to Western Canadian farmers who act like a bunch of cats trying to be herded up? Wake up you guys!
                Almost sounds like communism doesn't it...

Two railways do as they please keep a country and it's industry hostage to their whims and profit margins.

Forage one day I'd like to meet you and you say what you say on here to me in person. I don't think you'll dare.

You know what happens when you get blown up at 4 years old and just about killed? You grow one heck of a tough skin and your mind builds new pathways to cope. You learn to survive and thrive in any conditions.

Something you'd never understand.

Just like you don't get that those prized freedoms we once had are getting eroded by the day. Yet there's too many like you pointing fingers and laughing at others and beating your chests saying we're so much better - not realizing that the society you're so proud of is crumbling beneath your feet because you have no capacity to fight to protect it.

I'm not crying. I'm stating a cold hard fact. You don't contribute to this board you just attack certain members, mostly out of hate and spite and ignorance.

Even in this thread.... I never said a word about farming in Russia. I posted the video to show a side of Russia we don't often see here...

You're obviously Ukrainian... And as all people from that part of the world you're passionate about your country... And Russia has done many things to the Ukrainian people that are abhorrent.

The fact of the matter, that Russia is building out their capacity, and production ability does not change.

A confederation or republic is not a necessary precursor to grain production.

Our system has become totally corrupt. Look at who lobbies government. Watch and read what is said at committee hearings.

Ever wonder why the family of your FCC or bank rep all of a sudden ends up with certain pieces of dirt before anybody ever knew it was for sale?

Finally, we are in the business of feeding people. We need to make friends and strong ties to the countries with large populations and the money to pay for the food we can provide. India, China, Korea, Thailand come to mind. And we need to understand our competitors strengths and weaknesses. Thus why I post here. To broaden people's horizons and understanding of the greater world around us.

Comment

Klause,

Russia is way behind us. If you were to farm there you would need a security fence around the yard and 24h security. I have looked at the versy combine if looks like it was welded together by a high school student. I know what you are saying about having an open mind and I agree its good to look at ideas from other places and ppl for sure but be careful the grass isnt always greener somewhere else

Comment

Well said Klause, I enjoy your views, but I like to see everyone’s for the most part.
                    My thots are similar, but I don’t have your background. It bothers me that Churchill port is abandoned and I suspect Pioneer, Cargill, etc have a finger in it. With the opening of the Northwest Passage we could access Far East markets. Don’t see it happening in my lifetime, admittedly small time frame.
                    Still, need opinions from all sides.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                      Klause,

Russia is way behind us. If you were to farm there you would need a security fence around the yard and 24h security. I have looked at the versy combine if looks like it was welded together by a high school student. I know what you are saying about having an open mind and I agree its good to look at ideas from other places and ppl for sure but be careful the grass isnt always greener somewhere else
                      Russia is way behind us... ? Except they have high speed passenger trains. A military with modern equipment. And the ability to grow their ag export capacity by our entire production in 5 years.

Different social structures and capacities do not equate to them being behind us just different.

Again... Since apparently you too can't read... Who said anything about moving to Russia to farm.

This is about us having new competition. And so far our official stance and that of a bunch of producers is were way better and smarter than them so it doesnt matter".

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                      Well said Klause, I enjoy your views, but I like to see everyone’s for the most part.
                      My thots are similar, but I don’t have your background. It bothers me that Churchill port is abandoned and I suspect Pioneer, Cargill, etc have a finger in it. With the opening of the Northwest Passage we could access Far East markets. Don’t see it happening in my lifetime, admittedly small time frame.
                      Still, need opinions from all sides.
                      Thanks

As do I! Debate is awesome. I just get miffed when people attack me personally with things that aren't true. Debate ideas. Don't attack people.
                      Last edited by Klause; Mar 4, 2018, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        The same Paul Martin that had a shipping fleet in Bermuda 🇧🇲 ?
                        I wasn't very pleased with Chretien when he was in but what would it take to get him and Paul Martin back?
                        Gotta say Harper was a disaster for farmers. Demolished and sat there grinning - buffoon!

Comment

All I am getting at is Things arent as rosy in Russia and some other second tier countries as you may suggest. The media is highly controlled in Russia you probably wont see Putin allowing a lot of negative stories out. The reality on the ground is not rosy IMO.

Comment

We have an affluent complacency problem in Canada. No goals and aspirations. No vision for tomorrow. An elitist entitled attitude. Generations that built wealth to a certain point are now gone, in retirement or winding down....successors standing on coat tails along for the ride or living off the fruits of their predecessors labour. A general lack of appreciation for what was built and developed and no apparent desire to maintain, grow or improve what is.

Look around you and see how things are managed and the lack of pride in the quality or quantity of work performed and what is expected in return.....less for more! Too many expect, and want, something for nothing.

A social disease that is permeating our National well-being.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                              All I am getting at is Things arent as rosy in Russia and some other second tier countries as you may suggest. The media is highly controlled in Russia you probably wont see Putin allowing a lot of negative stories out. The reality on the ground is not rosy IMO.
                              Propaganda is a very powerful tool.........

Comment

"Forage one day I'd like to meet you and you say what you say on here to me in person. I don't think you'll dare."

I really have no desire to meet you in the least but I would say what's on my mind if it happened. Right back at you "you say what you say on here" but would you say it in front of other? BESIDES WHY WON'T DARE TO? As for hating you that sounds like something for Twitter and Facebook, we're on a chatline with fellow farmers, you bad mouth Canada when ever you can and in your mind you justify that as contributing to Agriville. Do you read some of the treads on here, are you serious about contributing. I personally don't need to put down in print my accomplishment as a farmer and a Canadian and where I've traveled, what I grow, most guys don't give a shit and that's not my style. You take yourself and Agriville a little to serious!

Maybe if your ancestor died and fought for this country you wouldn't be daring me about anything!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...