• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Ag says 9% planted,,, avg for this time is normally 23%.

Comment

Some guys done or close to it in Edam area . But they always roll early up there
      Here would be probably 30% done , some more some just started

Comment

45% of wheat planted, fields drier than June 7, 2022. Conditions ideal, zero smaller wet spots. Looks like rain avoiding the NE. Just better not stay away till July.

Comment

Half inch of slow gentle rain overnight, forecasting another 2 inches over today and tonight.

We were saturated before this system, we didn't need a drop of this.

SESask won't be helping the planted avg for the coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Some guys done or close to it in Edam area . But they always roll early up there
            Here would be probably 30% done , some more some just started
            Lot of that area north of the river gets going before us guys on the south side. Kinda sandy up there and south facing. Mixed bag around this area. Big guys got going last week to some not started yet. I’m seeding into adequate moisture but haven’t hit fields we harrowed. Usually harrow everything before seeding but opted to only do fields that truly needed it. Those who vt whole quarters will be a lot drier I presume. Fields I sprayed after harvest are not seeing much if any weeds versus those I didn’t. With the Canada china spat brewing my plans for larger canola acres is coming into question. Clover fields are coming on now and planned seeding an ultra early rr canola into it and terminating the clover with eclipse but now maybe will leave some for hay and seed cereal into rest. Who knows it’s a fluid situation right now.

Comment

Wow, Beaverdam, we are watching the radar here east of Regina and you seem to be taking the brunt of this front. No one around here needs two inches. Hope it doesn’t materialize today.

Comment

Got going a few days ago, the low spots that held water are either dry or almost dry. Good moisture to seed into but the hills are drying fast. An inch of rain would be pretty awesome. I guess we will see what happens.

Comment

Started with wheat Wednesday with condition a little wet. Tree lines and water runs are still a problem but overall conditions are good going now.
                  Good luck to all that are facing big rain events. Feel fortunate we have been missing big rains. May rain on clay land is never a good thing in my world.

Comment

Sick feeling when you get back to the truck to fill and you find this. Turns a good day into a bad one!

Comment

Fert or Seed?

Comment

Both seed and fert

Comment

Or a field walk around and wheat on frame, new hose needed. Next a oil leak on AS auger, then packer mount cracked...nothing broke in snow bank.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            Sick feeling when you get back to the truck to fill and you find this. Turns a good day into a bad one!
                            Minor hiccup in my world.

Comment

We have a cheap blockage monitor on all 14 manifolds
                              Made right in saskatoon , excellent investment , paid $1300 on western producer auction about 15 years ago . Actually wouldn’t seed without now . Woulda let you know in 30 feethttps://www.agtron.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ...iAAEgLVwPD_BwE
                              Last edited by Guest; May 12, 2023, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Or a field walk around and wheat on frame, new hose needed. Next a oil leak on AS auger, then packer mount cracked...nothing broke in snow bank.
                                Yea we had a ball and socket joint break on one section of drill to hitch . It’s a weld on , couldn’t believe it , they had it right in Nipawin at Morris , welder buddy came right away ,luck was with us that day !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...