• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    With the Canada china spat brewing my plans for larger canola acres is coming into question. Clover fields are coming on now and planned seeding an ultra early rr canola into it and terminating the clover with eclipse but now maybe will leave some for hay and seed cereal into rest. Who knows it’s a fluid situation right now.
    Im seeing the same thing as you Wilton.. market is telling me to return my cnl bags and seed a few more cereal acres. In our country I’m more likely to grow a 70 bu wht crop (x$10=700) then 50 bu cnl (x$15.50=775)

Comment

Ya this titfortat could be costly
      Grain markets have become very political , there was some nimwit on here a few years ago that laughed about that , but it’s very real .
      Mexico - canary Seed
      India , after Trudeaus debacle
      China - canola … 100% when wing wha how or whatever was arrested in Vancouver and the Canadian guys arrested in China … that affected canola huge . The list is long and 100% detrimental at times
      But noooooo it was Harpers fault lol
      Last edited by furrowtickler; May 12, 2023, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        Clover fields are coming on now and planned seeding an ultra early rr canola into it and terminating the clover with eclipse but now maybe will leave some for hay and seed cereal into rest. Who knows it’s a fluid situation right now.
        Looking to add some more legume to my pasture and see clover seed is 20% higher than alfalfa.
        Cover crop/government programs?
        Forages may be a profit opertunity if government tips the scale in that direction.
        US set aside program in the 80's sent a lot of money to this area.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Looking to add some more legume to my pasture and see clover seed is 20% higher than alfalfa.
          Cover crop/government programs?
          Forages may be a profit opertunity if government tips the scale in that direction.
          US set aside program in the 80's sent a lot of money to this area.
          Meanwhile the world is running outta food ? What a farce

Comment

I think we lucked out, piss all for rain maybe a 1/10.

Total moisture since melt in April is almost a inch.

Comment

Got good rain on half the farm last night

Comment

Neat colours in sunrise

Comment

There are rumours of the Biden admin putting together a substantial sanctions package on china this yr and our own numbnuts retard will probably be there to go along.

Canola and some forestry products are the only things china really buys from us.

Comment

It's Time Canadians Woke up and The Trudeau experience is over.

Comment

Let's not forget about the 2.5 million tonnes of wheat China has picked up this crop year.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        It's Time Canadians Woke up and The Trudeau experience is over.
                        AND replace him with PP whose been in parliament for 19 years- his only job -
                        there were ALOT better party leaders to pick from than that little prick

Comment

mustard still asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                            By next week will be nothing left here to seed. Maybe combine.
                            Finishing up seeding my Durum stubble today. She's getting mighty dry in my area , NW of the old cowtown!

A 2 inch rain over 3 days would make for a paradise around here.

Comment

Just started seeding today .. Auto steer kinda useless this year. One qrt has 43 sloughs , last year none. Hard for us to believe these is dry areas just as I’m sure it’s hard for some to believe how wet we are.

Comment

Crossed the half way mark. If the new tractor holds together unlike a dozen unfortunate people with new quads, we’ll be done in few days. Quality control at cnh is horrible. What did they do hire the X9 staff?……

Jokes aside hope everyone that needs rain gets it and everyone that needs dry weather gets that as well. And remember help ur naybor unless its monette…..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...