• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinsurer! Saskatchewan Is Full of Shit!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are other options for insurance that up till this time we’re fairly reasonably priced. They are Gars and Just Solutions. We had experience with Gars, and after loss one year, we were eligible for a payment and received it in a fairly quickly. My point on this is, I don’t think they get any gov. funding. Is it because the governments are involved in crop insurance that it costs not twice but three times as much.

Comment

I am just in the final stage of finishing my GARS claim, this is only my second year with them and first claim. So far the claims process has been simple, straightforward and quick. Once you start a claim they do a bin audit, send you a claims package to fill out, you choose a pricing cut off month. The price list is released on the first of the month and is used to set the price of the portion of your crop that is not already priced. Your yield plus an average price of contracted grain and the selected price of uncontracted grain is used to figure out the revenue/ac of that commodity. this is done for each commodity. Your accountant then sends them the updated COP's for your seed, fert. and chem. and your claim is then figured out based on the $ amount you insured for over your COP.

Easy example- your seed, chem and fert COP's are $200/ac and you insure for another $200/ac over that for a total of $400/ac. Say your revenue per acre because of reduced yields comes to an average across the farm of $350/ac the claim would be $50/ac on your seeded acres.

Like I said this is my first claim with them, I have an inherent distrust of all things insurance so we will see how this works out.

It is hard to compare the two insurances because they are so different in how they work, but for the Gars coverage I choose this year compared to SCIC coverage, I have about 20% better coverage and my premium was about $1.10/ac less. That being said I wasn't in SCIC long enough to have a large experience discount like some do. The other thing to consider is that it is all your own money buying the coverage, there is no help from the government, but if, and that is a big if because I have never got one, you are in an Agristabilty claim the payout from GARS is not counted as income as where a SCIC claim is.

I hope it works as advertised.

Comment

An added bonus is you don't have to work with the bureaucratic mess that is SCIC.

Comment

Here’s the facts:

April 2021 Sk party estimated a 2.6 billion deficit. Even before any drought.

2.4 billion paid to farmers in way of drought claims.

Announcement last week was 2.7 billion deficit. Only 97 million more than the april deficit estimate.

Sk government claims if there were no payouts they’d have balanced the budget, meaning 2.7 billion deficit is made up of 2.4 billion to the farmers. Where’d they write off 2.3 billion from the april estimate. Or did they know there was a drought looming. Or do they not know how reinsurance works.

Nobody said government is good at math. Just good at be lying sacks of shit….
          Last edited by Herc; Dec 2, 2021, 12:24.

Comment

Any one else on this forum just a little irritated by the tone of the letter sent to APAS.

As most of you are aware , I have been very critical of our farm reps. Whatever lit a fire under them on this issue has proven more effective than they realize.

Holding the government to account on agriculture issues , which for whatever reason , the opposition has had trouble doing, looks good on APAS.

I will will give credit to them . The tone of APAS's Boxall on Gormley was good, to the point.

I think the government lost on this file and will leave a mark.

Comment

yes , i for one challenged APAS, unbeknownst to me they were already on it
              yes this looks very good on APAS, very , very bad on SASK PARTY (Sask party , "don't shit where you eat")
              Good job APAS

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Any one else on this forum just a little irritated by the tone of the letter sent to APAS.

As most of you are aware , I have been very critical of our farm reps. Whatever lit a fire under them on this issue has proven more effective than they realize.

Holding the government to account on agriculture issues , which for whatever reason , the opposition has had trouble doing, looks good on APAS.

I will will give credit to them . The tone of APAS's Boxall on Gormley was good, to the point.

I think the government lost on this file and will leave a mark.
                yes and the tone of SP response to APAS was , quite simply , "we are like the lieberal gang, do not **** with us"

Comment

Next time I see our man Fred I'm going to use your don't shit where eat if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                    Next time I see our man Fred I'm going to use your don't shit where eat if you don't mind.
                    ha ,not at all, he's heard it , he will know who you were talking to , lol

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      So glad you brought he irrigation project up and correlated it to gas to dryers..

Here are some facts...

- the 4 billion project will bring in 400000 acres
                      - that is $10000 per acre to get water to the quarter line no charge to the farmer ( Just the taxpayer )

Wouldn't you like to be able to have gas brought to your farm no charge ?

One other factoid....if all the existing and proposed irrigation acres were seeded to canola they wouldn't fill the demand for the announced expansion of crush plant in the province. They would still be relying on dryland farms to grow canola. But dryland farms receive nothing. Food for thought.
                      Interesting observations.
                      Natural Gas Upgrade 2.0 would of definitely been a better investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        Interesting observations.
                        Natural Gas Upgrade 2.0 would of definitely been a better investment.
                        That and the ability to drill wells and provide power to get the water to the cows.

Imagine wanting to grow an industry like feedlots in this province without the cow calf guy.

Cow calf guys need water , dugouts are not the best in what we just experienced this year.

Also a nat gas program would be fair that a generation has missed out on.

In order to rejuvenate the rural area with young families , that program that Grant Devine did needs a reboot.

Comment

Talked to a fellow the other day
                          Saskenergy wanted $60 k to go 1/2 mile for shop gas , apparently they don’t want any more hook ups
                          Now he is at the mercy of the propane gods

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            Talked to a fellow the other day
                            Saskenergy wanted $60 k to go 1/2 mile for shop gas , apparently they don’t want any more hook ups
                            Now he is at the mercy of the propane gods
                            Have a look at Welker Farms. They put some gas line in. Even bored it under a road.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                              There are other options for insurance that up till this time we’re fairly reasonably priced. They are Gars and Just Solutions. We had experience with Gars, and after loss one year, we were eligible for a payment and received it in a fairly quickly. My point on this is, I don’t think they get any gov. funding. Is it because the governments are involved in crop insurance that it costs not twice but three times as much.
                              Think of it like going to a dentist or optometrist
                              They charge double to Tripple because most people are insured . Crop insurance is no different. There is no way ever that crop insurance premiums cost what the charge is in total with our contribution and government “subsidies” , it’s impossible. So it is a way for provincial governments to pad their general revenue 19 out of 20 years ... major drought patterns .

Comment

Going to be interesting whether apas folds
                                To the bullshit spewed by the sask party. Or
                                Is this just a staged spat? Many rms threatening
                                To cancel apas due to nothing happening regarding
                                Bringing up real farm issues.

Of course they’re throwing farmers under the bus
                                In order to convince city people it’s the farmers
                                Fault for the deficit. When in fact it’s complete
                                Mismanagement and has been forever. But glossy
                                Eyed citizens including farmers maybe now will
                                Accept what’s right in front of them.

Where the hell is all the increased revenue going?
                                Taxing the shit out of all of us.
                                Last edited by riders2010; Dec 2, 2021, 22:29.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...