• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinsurer! Saskatchewan Is Full of Shit!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    So glad you brought he irrigation project up and correlated it to gas to dryers..

Here are some facts...

- the 4 billion project will bring in 400000 acres
    - that is $10000 per acre to get water to the quarter line no charge to the farmer ( Just the taxpayer )

Wouldn't you like to be able to have gas brought to your farm no charge ?

One other factoid....if all the existing and proposed irrigation acres were seeded to canola they wouldn't fill the demand for the announced expansion of crush plant in the province. They would still be relying on dryland farms to grow canola. But dryland farms receive nothing. Food for thought.
    Free would be good but even at an affordable price like maybe 25-50 thousand would be worth it. 10 farms that I know kind of in a line inquired about natural gas for grain dryers and they were quoted from the low of 160000.00 to 400000.00. If I double my vitamins I will not live long enough to recoup half of that cost. These guys are way out to lunch. Why do they employ staff to hand out outrageous prices like that. New hookups must be almost zero. They could save lots of money if they eliminated all the people who price out these new hookups as it is evident they don’t want more.
    43000.00 to go one mile for a house hookup. Even if they trench at 1/5 of a mile per hour that’s some pretty good wages for 5 hours of work. Yes the pipe is 5-7 thousand and they would have to go under 2 roads but 43000.00 for 400000btu’s. I would like to get that install contract. Make more money in 1 year trenching then in 10 farming.
    Sad to see they have lost their vision. They need a really good optometrist.
    Had they used that 4 billion on natural gas installs and collected 1 billion from farmers for their share I really wonder how much of the 3 billion they would have recouped from gas sales in twenty years. Maybe someone can add some input.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Talked to a fellow the other day
      Saskenergy wanted $60 k to go 1/2 mile for shop gas , apparently they don’t want any more hook ups
      Now he is at the mercy of the propane gods
      Check to see how much of that bill is a rural reconstruction charge. . Urban customer’s are not charged this.

Comment

A friend said the hookup would be 0ver $100000 and that's a big line funny thing is they are going to go an extra 4 miles because they need it for future capacity. I think farmers are paying way too much in the rural.

Comment

All insurance offered in Saskatchewan private or gov will have premiums going up in 2022 just do the math it will be double in some cases. Are you going to drop insurance with no moisture?

It's a life save Crop insurance but not a money maker it gets you through a tough year that's it. Spending for nothing doesn't work also.

I was pissed at the Minister and her tone. Then read comments on CKRM Facebook page about the news story. City people were blaming farmers hard that night it was just wrong. Their wages were going to subsidize farmers. **** me was all I could think.

Apas finally showed some balls the Gov got mad and wants them to back down. I say **** this its time farm groups woke up and fought back, These oh let's be nice has worked so ****ing well hasn't it.

Comment

I thought that crop insurance was in a surplus position recently. Where did it all go?

My buddy works for SaskEnergy. He says the managers and CEO are telling employees its a sunset industry. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              I thought that crop insurance was in a surplus position recently. Where did it all go?

My buddy works for SaskEnergy. He says the managers and CEO are telling employees its a sunset industry. Wow.
              I just can't see anything better to heat a house with other than Natural gas.

In saskatchewan with the two new natural gas power plant ...chinook and the one in Moose Jaw eventually.

Even if Trudeau gets his way on electric everything its natural gas heating our homes.

If a small nuclear reactor comes in will it be affordable to heat a home with an electric forced air furnace compared to natural gas?

Just questions but I don't see why anyone would shit on natural gas.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Just questions but I don't see why anyone would shit on natural gas.
                Apparently these guys are being told that electric is the way, come hell or high water, no matter the cost or disruption.

Can Sask exist without a FF industry and heavy regulation into Ag including scaling back world fertilizer use (including our potash)? Because thats whats coming.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  All insurance offered in Saskatchewan private or gov will have premiums going up in 2022 just do the math it will be double in some cases. Are you going to drop insurance with no moisture?

It's a life save Crop insurance but not a money maker it gets you through a tough year that's it. Spending for nothing doesn't work also.

I was pissed at the Minister and her tone. Then read comments on CKRM Facebook page about the news story. City people were blaming farmers hard that night it was just wrong. Their wages were going to subsidize farmers. **** me was all I could think.

Apas finally showed some balls the Gov got mad and wants them to back down. I say **** this its time farm groups woke up and fought back, These oh let's be nice has worked so ****ing well hasn't it.
                  I’m all for doubling of crop insurance premiums as long as my coverage doubles too. Land prices are up, rents are up 50% or more this year with the BTO’s trying to corner the market. With the greedy gouging fertilizer companies, chemical companies and machinery companies, we’re going to need higher coverage so farmers can stay out of the red.

Comment

Harpauer’s reaction to APAS was bad-bad-bad. Her insinuation that farmers don’t know enough about some accounting practice and that they are misinformed leaves a real bad taste in my mouth, yours too?

Comment

Wonder how it would go over with Moe if the federal government threatened to cut off Saskatchewan funding next time he criticized them?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Harpauer’s reaction to APAS was bad-bad-bad. Her insinuation that farmers don’t know enough about some accounting practice and that they are misinformed leaves a real bad taste in my mouth, yours too?
                        OMG farmers are DUMB, still in business under the weight of world markets, but we know SFA about accounting! BIATCH

Comment

I dont recall govt in past years where crop insurance payments overall in the province were surplus getting any mention from the ministers offices on how those surpluses contributed to reduction of provincial debts or balanced budgets. Wonder why it was never mentioned?

Comment

APAS , good job on what you have done so far on this
                            there is a good question you can ask the SASK party above

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                              I dont recall govt in past years where crop insurance payments overall in the province were surplus getting any mention from the ministers offices on how those surpluses contributed to reduction of provincial debts or balanced budgets. Wonder why it was never mentioned?
                              They have been balancing their budgets in years past on money in the crop insurance fund that the producers and the federal government put there. Now that its time to pay the piper its somehow our fault. Sure hope the Buffalo party develops into a viable party cause I'm getting sick of these guys!

Comment

When was the last time SK had a balanced budget, without creative accounting?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...