• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinsurer! Saskatchewan Is Full of Shit!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    They were ok with taking premiums the past 20 years with basically no payouts .
    Add that up
    thats the problem , they lost their cash cow
    one of these useless farm siphon money groups should remind them
    Apas, step up , this ones on you

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      It was Close to 2.7 billion so blaming farmers for insurance that makes the prove money most years is a joke. Yes, all insurance premiums will be going up no kidding it's insurance. But for years it pissed me off that the FEDS AND PROV talk a good talk about premium is half paid by gov and farmers. **** me its 100% paid by farmers. Old sleight of hand.
      chuck too, hey , where is chuck ?

Comment

The Sask Party under Moe has taken a HARD LEFT Turn... it is a Liberal party under a different name End of story.

Comment

No claim for us but will be paying a healthy premium for coverage next year. Win win for our little farm!!!!!

Comment

Funny thing not one of our farm groups is even mentioning this about crop insurance. Call a spade a spade.

I’m a Saskparty supporter and player and I’m calling a spade a spade it is bullshit reporting.

But I’m not representing farmers like our organizations I’m just one stupid farmer showing what bullshit is happening each day in ag.

We need to take our money out of organization that supposedly represent us.

Most are to stupid and it’s hard to Figure out anything more than how to fill in their per diem sheets.

Comment

Funny thing not one of our farm groups is even mentioning this about crop insurance. Call a spade a spade.

I’m a Saskparty supporter and player and I’m calling a spade a spade it is bullshit reporting.

But I’m not representing farmers like our organizations I’m just one stupid farmer showing what bullshit is happening each day in ag.

Most are to stupid and it’s hard to Figure out anything more than how to fill in their per diem sheets.
              file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Larry/My%20Documents/Downloads/Annual-Report_2020-21.pdf

17. Contractual obligations and contingencies:
              Contractual obligations:
              The Corporation is committed to the Saskatchewan Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement, a related crown entity, for several leases
              for office space with annual payments of $3,283,495. The leases are currently renewable on an annual basis.
              Subsequent to March 31, 2021, the Corporation is also committed to other corporations for the purchase of weather data and the lease
              of equipment for weather stations around Saskatchewan. Minimum payments of $795,000 are expected for the next fiscal year.
              The Corporation entered into a reinsurance contract with Willis Re for the 2021-22 fiscal year. The Corporation is committed for the
              crop aggregate excess of loss reinsurance contract for 2021-22. The contract cost is in the range of $25.5 million to a maximum $28.0
              million per year based on a projected liability of $7.85 billion. The contract covers indemnities that exceeds 23 per cent of the liability
              to a maximum of $431.6 million.

Subsequent to March 31, 2021, the Corporation entered into an agreement with Deloitte Inc. to provide system integrator services
              in support of the Corporation’s Enterprise Business Modernization project which includes the implementation of the Oracle Cloud
              solution. The contract will end in 2021-22 fiscal year at an estimated cost of $6,860,000.
              Contingencies:
              Pursuant to the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP);A Federal-Provincial-Territorial Framework Agreement on Agriculture, AgriFood
              and Agri-based Products Policy in the event the agreement is terminated and no new agreement is entered into, all tangible
              capital assets funded under the agreement shall be disposed of and the proceeds shall be shared by the Government of Saskatchewan -
              Ministry of Agriculture and the Government of Canada. As of March 31, 2021, all tangible capital assets owned by the Corporation have
              been funded by this agreement.
              Various legal actions for additional crop insurance indemnity payments have been initiated against the Corporation. Presently, the
              Corporation is actively defending these cases. While the outcome of these claims cannot be determined, management is of the opinion
              that the result of these actions will not have a material impact on the Corporation’s financial position.
              18. Comparative information
              Certain comparative information has been reclassified to conform to the current year’s presentation.
              Last edited by LWeber; Nov 30, 2021, 13:27.

Comment

We had years of low payouts so the costs for the reinsurance and our premiums were low. But the surplus would also be high if it was left alone. This year once in 50 years would have been covered by that surplus.

I'm a supporter of the sask party but **** boys this is bullshit blaming farmers.
                I suppose the 4 billion he is spending on 100 guys with there great irrigation project never had any impact on the books. What a joke. They could have brought natural gas to grain dryers in a big part of the province. Not only that but after 20 or so years the Governent would have received lots of revenue off the gas sold. Now we are at the mercy of propane companies and most of the profit goes to another province.
                Great planning guys. Keep that up and the buffalo party will bring you back into line.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyguy View Post
                  I suppose the 4 billion he is spending on 100 guys with there great irrigation project never had any impact on the books. What a joke. They could have brought natural gas to grain dryers in a big part of the province. Not only that but after 20 or so years the Governent would have received lots of revenue off the gas sold. Now we are at the mercy of propane companies and most of the profit goes to another province.
                  Great planning guys. Keep that up and the buffalo party will bring you back into line.
                  So glad you brought he irrigation project up and correlated it to gas to dryers..

Here are some facts...

- the 4 billion project will bring in 400000 acres
                  - that is $10000 per acre to get water to the quarter line no charge to the farmer ( Just the taxpayer )

Wouldn't you like to be able to have gas brought to your farm no charge ?

One other factoid....if all the existing and proposed irrigation acres were seeded to canola they wouldn't fill the demand for the announced expansion of crush plant in the province. They would still be relying on dryland farms to grow canola. But dryland farms receive nothing. Food for thought.

Comment

Apas got told by the Sask govt that they need to do better reporting. Apas claims Sask crop insurance had a 2 billion surplus this spring and that it’s not the farmers fault there is a large claim this year.

Comment

"The government said it hopes APAS doesn't take provincial support for granted the next time it considers making a statement....." sounds like the government sure takes the rural vote for granted. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was another decent party to vote for.

Comment

The System is basically farmers insuring farmers the Prov share and Feds is a joke.
                        60 per cent of the total premium covered by government is a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                          "The government said it hopes APAS doesn't take provincial support for granted the next time it considers making a statement....." sounds like the government sure takes the rural vote for granted. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was another decent party to vote for.
                          Sounds a bit like blackmail.

Maybe the saskparty government needs to be reminded that people don't work for them...they work for us .

A bit arrogant for the statements I have read from government. They have definitely lost touch like all governments do....

They gotta go.

Comment

Better be careful we re speaking about
                            In process future groomed ag ministers!!!
                            They seem to need training on how to
                            Make it best look like they’re actually representing
                            Farmers, when they master the deception
                            Bingo Saskparty nomination!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by riders2010 View Post
                              Better be careful we re speaking about
                              In process future groomed ag ministers!!!
                              They seem to need training on how to
                              Make it best look like they’re actually representing
                              Farmers, when they master the deception
                              Bingo Saskparty nomination!!!!
                              So true. Read the article about Todd Lewis in the APAS rag. ".....If you do choose put time into it, you’ll get rewarded...."

His personal reward is coming and it will be either a MLA or MP job.

Comment

Editor's note: This story and headline were updated after the provincial government published its letter responding to APAS. The Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan (APAS) and the provincial government are disagreeing publicly over the province linking drought-induced crop insurance payments with its deficit for 2021. The Saskatchewan government reported a projected record $2.7 billion deficit in its mid-year financial update on Monday, with Finance Minister Donna Harpauer referring to an expected $2.4 billion in crop insurance payments and additional funds going to AgriRecovery programs for livestock producers. "If you backed out the expense of crop insurance, that $2.4 billion, as well as the livestock producer support, we would almost be balanced," Harpauer said. "That's how significant that support was for agriculture...

everyone needs to tell their MLA that farmers won't be blackmailed

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...