• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew said cool spring...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew said cool spring...

And it is not warming. Even on days the temperature is seasonal the wind seems cold. It doesn't take long to be putting a jacket back on these days..

Cool nights for the next week..long way from what I would call global warming.

No, no , FFS bucket
    Chuckle-berry said it’s warming
    The science is settled
    You can’t go by a thermometer or frozen fingers
    Gotta go by a idiotic *** model
    This is 4 years in a row for us

Comment

I will say this...

I have never seen a scientist on my farm helping with jack shit to understand what my statement above ...

Taking remote temperature readings sitting in an office isn't science in my view..

Farmers live the science. Like those two storms a few weeks ago during calving...

Big difference.

Comment

At what point will they declare we are in a drought?

No rain here since July 2020 and very little snow over the winter.

If anyone cares to look at the historical records , I think 1988 had more moisture overall than the last couple years...

The only difference is the global warming today is much cooler than 1988 and dust isn't blowing..

The strides farmers have made , as usual , go unnoticed...

Comment

bucket, didnt you see the report yesterday that all the glaciers have melted. But there is still snow sitting in the trees.

Comment

This spring reminds me of years gone by. I can't remember but it was looking like early spring and on and off snow showers but no real moisture. One hot day and three cold. The wind was cold you weren't sure a jacket, parka, or Short sleeve shirt.

This is the climate on the prairies it been this way since the buffalo ran somewhat 60 mill oh but farting cows are a ****ing problem.

Science is like bucket says idiots in shits sitting in a climate-controlled office telling us what's going on.

The circle jerk community bobs their heads yes it is.

New Canadians think when skippy says look it's cold today in Alberta they all go yes he is right. They have no history of what happened in the past here and couldn't care less.

We have been slowly replaced.

Comment

Heat units , GDD and frost free-days tell a much different story than the propaganda being told about longer growing seasons and warming in most of the prairies .

Be nice not to have frost in June and the before the end of August and no snow in September. Made for a very short growing season the past 3-4 years .

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                bucket, didnt you see the report yesterday that all the glaciers have melted. But there is still snow sitting in the trees.
                I don't about the glaciers but I am waiting for some treeline snowbanks to disappear...sure makes you wonder.

Comment

Cold drought like 2002. Sometimes better than a hot drought but still a bloody drought. Grass is about to make a decision. Lucky we’ve been wet so appears to be moisture to seed into. Was disking wet spots and pulling frozen chunks. Some guys putting wheat in. They’ll be done early enough in time to reseed the frozen stuff. I cleaned lots of oats and barley in case. Poor livestock in a drought. I like chubby happy cattle. Not the ones pacing the fences half skinny. Who knows but it’s looking scary.

Comment

And IF too many canola acres FREEZE, will there be enough seed?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      And IF too many canola acres FREEZE, will there be enough seed?
                      Thats the good thing about Invigours. Be lucky they are out of the ground by Victoria Day and you would never take a chance reseeding canola at the end of May around here.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Thats the good thing about Invigours. Be lucky they are out of the ground by Victoria Day and you would never take a chance reseeding canola at the end of May around here.
                        Most canola goes in last here to escape late frost. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                          If your worried about cereals freezing the ground would have to freeze down 3”.
                          Thinking more along lines of same guys seeding canola too early. Best to be a bit tardy with canola here.

Comment

+20 with 20% humidity and 70 kph wind is sucking the life out everything out here today. Last spring there was unseeded fields here from being too wet and now you can run over every acre except for the willows. Seeding is starting now as to get it in moisture before it’s gone. Pasture has a few green leaves but expectations are lowering by the day since they should be nice and green by now. On a positive note the calves dry off fast for tagging after they fall out😉

Hopefully there’s enough grass for everyone here.......... feeding over the summer isn’t any fun and $6+ barley will kill that idea anyway. Thinking of possibly dumping some yearlings to save grass for the pairs this summer. Not really appealing at current prices though.

Gonna be another fun year with some belt tightening possibly required. Next weekend looks like a possibility of moisture although lately it evaporates off the forecast before it arrives .......... fingers crossed here.

Good luck y’all......... feels like ‘02 again and that was a train wreck for us😎

Comment

I seen a sun dog the other day. Go figure. That isn’t right is it?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...