• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, we got a little bit of rain and about 6 in of wet snow so things have slowed down a lot east of Regina and beyond.

At the farm, the total precip is 2/10 for the year since April 1 and the snow is not counted. The snow should slowly soak in as the ground didn't freeze when the front came through. Today light snow again but will warm up a bit till a real cold snap end of the month.

That snap is the one to watch as if it pushes all the way to Texas watch wheat take off.

Seeding for us will be delayed now till maybe the last week of April but most likely our usual start date of May 1. Hard on wheat. peas and barley then switch the 10 of May to Canola with one drill. The second drill will finish the remaining wheat then join drill one on Canola.

The land is well let's say totally ****ing nuts in our area. We have two guys going around telling farmers here is my offer you have three days to take it or leave it. Like **** you everyone knows land prices are going up take it or leave it is a ****ing joke. Maybe most local guys selling should just phone a good neighbor and say hey shit for brains offered me so much can you match and it's yours. Whatever happened to a hometown spirit. The two guys looking never farmed in our area and one wasn't a Canadian a few years ago. It's a free world they have a right but if the guy isn't even burnt or cold in the ground maybe stay away a few more days.

Rent is now $100 south of town and north down a bit. Nothing is really happening much as most have been rented since last fall. Few guys lost when the landlord sold and didn't tell them till later.

Fun times farming where it's better to own than rent.

Equipment who has watched RB auction lately. Wow, guys are bidding really high for most stuff. Dealers have very little inventory except for some shit no one wants.

If your building have fun price will change for stuff daily. But no we have only 1.1% inflation. What the hell do they base inflation on. Gas is up by more than that and so are groceries. But maybe Kraft dinner and weiners and balonie and Bikes are still not up so that's why stats Canada is at 1.1%. It's Trudeau in charge so who knows.

On the farm the grain is almost all cleaned, Equipment is slowly getting fixed or basic maintenance before the spring run. Ground and yard are soaked so won't be much going on till next week again.

Sloughs dropped before the snow event as frost finally came out.

Snow geese arrived and so have most of the ducks. Please go further north.

Canada is having a third wave thanks to one **** up called Trudeau and team Diversity. Sorry to offend but he had one job and that was to get Canadians a vaccine. The provinces have done a great job of jabbing Canadians but it's hard to have a fast rollout when there are none. Anyone who says that Covid is a joke go see someone that has it or had it they are screwed up bad. One young guy I know caught it in Regina and so did his wife and one child, the youngest didn't. He had to go to the emergency because of breathing problems like he was drowning. Got over it but now no energy etc. He said if he would have got that in spraying season or seeding the farm would have had big issues. Get the shot, I am 11 days in, and all is good just hoping for the second before 21 days. HAHAHAH we live in Canada, not the USA so that won't happen.

It's simple to wash your hand's lots, wear a mask in a public place, don't kiss the handrails or put your fingers in your mouth and have a great day be safe. our silly season is weeks away.

www.debtclock.ca

$1,117,881,266,666.52 today.

$29,440. Your share every man woman and child.

Skippy is adding a billion a day this year.

Were hooped I would think.

They will need revenue and farms are a source they will go after.

Oh, the carbon scam Saskatchewan has only seen a small drop in the math that is used to figure out our carbon use. and footprint.

yea from the Paris climate accord a filthy city with a population of 2.4 million living in a 40.4 sq mile area. Yea wide open Sask. vs them who is the real problem?

climate scam is just that a scam. Wealth transfer is what it is.

Comment

So what your saying is if I have an untimely death and some guy shows up at my doorstep with flowers it's not likely sympathy but a marriage proposal to wife or land lease agreement ? I thought that stuff just happens in Iowa Some neighbors already think I sold to the Huts cause of the cat work I got done.

Comment

HAHAHA, yea only thing it's not a marriage proposal for the wife. Here is our offer you have three days to burn, bury your husband, and oh buy the way make up your mind because the offer expires. Our deepest sympathy.

Sick really.

Comment

Crop prices had an ok week. Wheat is moving up. Canola the spread between May and July and Fall is a joke.

2/10 moisture isn't the help we needed. looks ok for May and June but July and august are hot and dry. our gas tank is empty this won't cut it.

Comment

Snowed heavy for a bIt this morning. Melting now.

Comment

So an expert thinks July looks choppy. You believe farmers will seed 22 mil acres up from before by a lot. Drought doesn't worry you? come on snow is just like pissing in the wind it doesn't end a drought.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                So an expert thinks July looks choppy. You believe farmers will seed 22 mil acres up from before by a lot. Drought doesn't worry you? come on snow is just like pissing in the wind it doesn't end a drought.
                same expert, by chance , that predicted the huge, huge, huge , 2020 canola crop ???
                scammers, manipulating the joke of a market nothing more , nothing less
                just lucky we still have larry on our side , no one else gives a shit about farming
                Last edited by Guest; Apr 15, 2021, 13:17.

Comment

SKF I do believe canola acres will be 22 mill ... who knows it could be higher. I for one am not seeding any, I’m boycotting it due the ridiculous high seed cost, and a possible drought.

Most guys I’ve talked to say the same thing, “crop insurance guarantees me the most return”.
                  I know one guy who took out 960 ac of durum and replaced with more canola. He now has 60% of his seeded acres going into canola, and he farms in south central SK, heart of the so called drought.

25 bu ac at $17 - $425 ac.

I can guarantee one thing guys will be locking the bins when new crop comes off if there is a drought.
                  $17 could be the low for the year. IMO

Also Nov canola closed at $13.40 bu today, who knows maybe more acres of something will get dropped if prices keep going up.

I’m sticking to a simple rotation this year:

Durum
                  Peas
                  Lake
                  Golf
                  Boating
                  The odd pop.
                  Not sure what rotation I should follow for the last 3.

Comment

Canola is tough on it needs moisture and it needs a bit. Dry you have flea beetles etc.

Oh and now Ottawa is mad at Sask for charging Electic cars to drive on our roads. I say hit the ****ers with a 2000 charge. They use the roads they pay like the rest of us.

Not very happy about the Cons climate package. Who is running the Conservatives you need to replace the guy soon helping Otool.

Comment

Well Sask Farmer that’s more moisture than we’ve gotten in two months here........... better enjoy it since it’s back to dust here. Nicest calving weather in more than a decade though. Seed and chem is getting delivered and whittling away on some disking on some defrosted fields. Got some landscaping to do but there’s still frost in the piles of dirt from last year. Last of the hidden snow drifts should be gone by tomorrow. Busy fixing our old shrapnel and taking the roof off a shed with rotten walls to build another calving shed.

Hopefully everyone is able to enjoy spring whether it’s +17 and sunny like here or snow charging up your dry dirt.🍀

Life’s pretty darn good😎

Comment

Snowed heavy for a bIt this morning. Melting now.
                        Heavy 100% slop and COLD...going to take a while, oh ya COLDER on weekend and snow! Climate Nazis will be happy with COLDER!

Comment

Talked to Drew yesterday were in a sweet spot maybe this year.

Balls to the wall no wonder rent is going to $100 an acre and up.

Dugout is full so spraying will not be a problem.

This will slowly melt into the ground because it never froze.

More rain snow sleet whatever coming till middle of next week.

Comment

More snow around Wadena we went to look at a quad track and end up buying a 2016 kW.

Some days just don't go as planned.

Quad needs tracks. Was a sc****r tractor. Oh well. priced right.

Comment

More snow around Wadena we went to look at a quad track and end up buying a 2016 kW.

Some days just don't go as planned.

Quad needs tracks. Was a sc****r tractor. Oh well. priced right.
                              See lot's of KW's pulling drills so you should be ok , must take one heck of a wet kit to run thou !! Dealers must love guys coming in for quotes before sales these days knowing they might be the cheaper route. Seems lots of quads in Manitoba spend their summers leveling mountains to make way for pivots. There's money and then there's POTATOE money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...