• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump approves Alberta-Alaska rail line

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump building a hotel in Alaska?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Trump building a hotel in Alaska?
      Closer place for him and Putin to have secret meetings. Hear you can see Russia out your back door up there.

Comment

Probably not relevant but shipping grain out in boxesis huge here into so called niche markets which aint niche no more such is the volume exported.

Traders who use containers pay overs for grain to get guys to sell to em.

Have a mate he solely and wholey Sells to box market. Basically has to store total crop on farm in his case around 10,000 tonne then basically jan when harvest is winding down the box market cranks up.

PS disclaimer not sure how much covid has affected box trade almost entirely to asia se asia and north africa.

Comment

So railways could be built....who would have thunk it.....

Comment

I hate to say it but, I’ll believe it when I see it. The Indians and environmental groups will have their day.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              I hate to say it but, I’ll believe it when I see it. The Indians and environmental groups will have their day.
              Natives might be the least of the concern compared to Trudeau.

There is a competing project along the same route with indigenous backing. Maybe the two will get together now.

https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/2017/12/11/two-rival-groups-promoting-same-alberta-alaska-oil/ Two rival groups promoting the same Alberta to Alaska oil-by-rail proposal

Comment

22 billion guesstimate to build.

Shares trading around $1.25. Market cap about $3.25 Billion. Looks like active trading.

CNR shares $140.00 market cap 100 Billion.

Might have a tough time with the financing. More so with current regulatory problems in this country.

Comment

On the news this morning it was reported that the rail line is 2200 km at a cost of 22 billion, my calculator must be broken cause it tells me that’s costing 10 million a km or 10 thousand a meter, for you old guys like me that’s pretty much 35 hundred a foot or almost 300 dollars an inch.

I’m hoping the news was a little high on the estimate.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                    On the news this morning it was reported that the rail line is 2200 km at a cost of 22 billion, my calculator must be broken cause it tells me that’s costing 10 million a km or 10 thousand a meter, for you old guys like me that’s pretty much 35 hundred a foot or almost 300 dollars an inch.

I’m hoping the news was a little high on the estimate.
                    Won't be once governments are involved...look at TMX ...started at 4.5 billion now at 12.....Muskrat falls is a money pit much like the olympic stadium in Montreal....people would clock in and go to their real job and clock out on their way home or so the rumour goes....But considering everything else that is accepted in Quebec like the SNC scandal and others its probably true.....

Comment

Well it wont be Canadians financing it because we are too broke and too stupid as a population.

You can be there is chinese or american funds behind this.

500B spent by skippy is enough to build dozens of resource related infrastructure projects. Did we get any?

This didnt even get a mention by the Libs or our dog eating minister of infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        The route avoids B.C. specifically to keep enviro-kooks out of the equation. The governments of Alaska, USA, Alberta, Yukon, NWT should all be in agreement that this railway will improve the quality of life and economy for the areas it passes through.

The main concern is the evil Trudeau government stopping it to attack Alberta.

Comment

Rail might be an easier sell in this country because its multi modal compared to just pipelines. Can carry out every type of product and take goods back into the interior and ferry passengers and tourists both ways.

Some article mentioned a fibre line in the ROW too so there are added benefits.

And the life of rail is much longer than pipelines so the economics accrue over a longer period.

“The new rail line will create new economic development opportunities for a wide range of businesses, communities and Indigenous communities in Canada and Alaska. We estimate that A2A Rail could unlock $60 billion CAD in additional cumulative GDP through 2040 and lift household incomes by an average of 40 per cent.”

https://canada.constructconnect.com/joc/news/infrastructure/2020/07/alaska-alberta-rail-begins-surveying-for-proposed-edmonton-to-anchorage-route Alaska-Alberta Rail begins surveying for proposed Edmonton to Anchorage route
                          Last edited by jazz; Sep 27, 2020, 08:31.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Well it wont be Canadians financing it because we are too broke and too stupid as a population.

You can be there is chinese or american funds behind this.

500B spent by skippy is enough to build dozens of resource related infrastructure projects. Did we get any?

This didnt even get a mention by the Libs or our dog eating minister of infrastructure.
                            Just think about it - what industry or infrastructure could have been developed and built with the 360 billion that the U.N. Sock Puppet supposedly doled out to "help us" thru his Plandemic?

How many pipelines? How many industries could have been brought back to Canada to set up highly beneficial, long-term employment?

How many hospitals, how many retirement homes, built and funded, providing better health care?

It was never about helping Canadians.

It is all about enslaving the population and making it entirely dependent on a corrupt and evil government.

And then keeping it that way.

What greater evil can our Liberal government contrive? For an answer, watch for a 3rd generation Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                              Just think about it - what industry or infrastructure could have been developed and built with the 360 billion that the U.N. Sock Puppet supposedly doled out to "help us" thru his Plandemic?

How many pipelines? How many industries could have been brought back to Canada to set up highly beneficial, long-term employment?

How many hospitals, how many retirement homes, built and funded, providing better health care?

It was never about helping Canadians.

It is all about enslaving the population and making it entirely dependent on a corrupt and evil government.

And then keeping it that way.

What greater evil can our Liberal government contrive? For an answer, watch for a 3rd generation Trudeau.
                              4 billion for water for a few or how about upgrading Saskatchewan rail?
                              Pipeline companies own a good part of the conservative governments so guess why rail has been on the back burner? Didn’t the ndp in Alberta propose oil by rail and it was mocked as so stupid all of a sudden it’s a great idea? Lmao.

And in the end it’s all too late who exactly wants this oil?

And what will become of our former premier s consulting job for constructing a pipeline that’s been so worth the money. Lmao!

Comment

Burnt, Evil? Seriously! Trudeau is obviously the devil! LMAO

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...