Wind/dust

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Wind/dust

May 31, 2020 | 14:47 1 Drove to tobin lake , nothing hardly seeded , ruts, mud, water everywhere
Then to candle lake , some seeded nipawin to choiceland, then nothing done choiceland to macdowell , then seeded after to saskatoon but dust blowing so hard around osler warman saskatoon can hardly see road in places
These vt machines should be taken away from some people
Gonna be lots of reseeding from wind
Last edited by caseih; May 31, 2020 at 15:16.

• May 31, 2020 | 14:49 2 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• May 31, 2020 | 17:46 3 ....its all too schtoopit. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 1, 2020 | 06:59 4 I posted this in another thread, but it is blowing so hard here this morning in the NE, not sure I have ever seen it this windy. I am sure I will have some CS to reseed on some lighter land I rented. Reply With Quote
    Jun 1, 2020 | 07:46 5 Its sickening already, wind forecast for the next two days but not as bad as yesterday.

It wears you down. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 1, 2020 | 07:46 6 Yes , thirty year shingles laying in yard after 5 years on roof Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Jun 1, 2020 | 09:45 7 60' spruce = freight train day and night outside the window! Moisture? None left now, less plants, broken leaves, dehydrated... Reply With Quote
    Jun 1, 2020 | 09:52 8
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    Yes , thirty year shingles laying in yard after 5 years on roof
    In spite of persistent strong wind, sky has stayed fairly clear of blowing dust. Do not see soil coming off any local fields. Not saying it will not happen but a credit to local growers to resist excessive tillage that left soil prone to drifting in past. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 1, 2020 | 12:44 9

Funny but not ....
    isn’t this farming sooooo easy eh ?
    Nothing to it , seed a crop , take summer off , collect government subsidies, harvest and make nothin but money πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž.
    Reality is so far from that it’s ridiculous Reply With Quote

• Jun 1, 2020 | 13:15 10 It would take quite a six pack to be able to do that.

But my keg gets more looks from the ladies. Reply With Quote

• Jun 2, 2020 | 05:49 11 Which direction are the hurricanes coming from today? Reply With Quote
    Jun 2, 2020 | 06:27 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Which direction are the hurricanes coming from today?
    At least it died down overnight, here anyway πŸ‘ Reply With Quote
    Jun 2, 2020 | 06:40 13
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    At least it died down overnight, here anyway πŸ‘
    Up to 40 Kph today
    40-60 tomorrow

Peas getting close to spraying. I have 80 acres that I can hardly justify spraying, CLEAN. Dare me not to. The other 240, not so much, the Imazethapyr and Authority I applied post seeding pre emerge could have used a rain to activate and move it down.
    Can't go back with Odyssey, would be double rating the Imazethapyr in the same year. Will have to be Viper.
    Why is Bentazon alone so expensive? To me Metribuzin is a waste of time and money. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 2, 2020 | 06:46 14 Yep, the wind is starting to get to me. Blew off my glasses twice yesterday just about stepped on them. Eyes sore from dust on back roads. Today is a great spray morning but the wind will be 60 km plus again today. Friday is another insane day ahead of the storm that is supposed to come. One custom guy going yesterday all day. Come on people this has to stop your not doing anyone any good. Reply With Quote
    Jun 2, 2020 | 06:48 15 If peas are clean I would leave them as well πŸ‘
    Not worth the potential crop injury Reply With Quote
    Jun 2, 2020 | 06:57 16
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    If peas are clean I would leave them as well πŸ‘
    Not worth the potential crop injury
    Even if I spray them with Odyssey for residual it will do nothing to the Clearfield canola that was grown there last year.
    There is just so little to kill, you can walk a long time before seeing something. There may be the odd low spot but overall it is very very clean. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 2, 2020 | 07:17 17
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Even if I spray them with Odyssey for residual it will do nothing to the Clearfield canola that was grown there last year.
    There is just so little to kill, you can walk a long time before seeing something. There may be the odd low spot but overall it is very very clean.
    MCPA sodium salt and sencor was common before Odyssey.

If the canola is thin you may have an excellent companion crop to help harvest the peas? Reply With Quote
    Jun 2, 2020 | 07:29 18 Wow
    Enough already ...

Glad the wind was down overnight at least Reply With Quote
    Jun 2, 2020 | 19:18 19 Good window again now till 9 am Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 2, 2020 | 19:31 20
    Giver schnoose BruceπŸ€ Reply With Quote