• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should be vibrating over that post. Its true farmers need to finally wake up and take the industry back. These companies are like people on Welfare a guaranteed income and do nothing. Canola is that already. Charge more than its worth by stupid amounts to make the company money for doing sweet fEKR all. Then get rid of good varieties that come off patent and we still can't grow these. If we were able to grow off patent varieties and some expensive farmers would win. But the whole system is designed to be a cash cow for everyone else except the farmers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3opax9W3RNqW1qq7CQD6Hg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	767477

Comment

wheat-8 ave , one is ugly
      barley -8
      canary seed-9
      oats-10
      hear (hi acid) canola-10
      nexera 1026-4
      canola-8
      but we are gonna need sun and heat soon

Comment

caseih , our Nexera seems so slow. We had a decent catch but it sure is taking it's time developing. Some other crops in the area seemed to have caught up to it and are passing it. The flowers also seem to be a dull yellow, not the vibrant yellow like other canola or our yellow mustard.

It will probably do what it's supposed to do in the end but it seems to be a different plant. They still claim it's a "hybrid" but their genetics still may not be as good as other companies.

We have 2024 and 2026.

Comment

we are used to watching the slow part with 1012. it always took 2 weeks longer but came through shining in the end . this 1026 was operator error unfortunately
          too wet, too shallow, too many slabs in row, 4.2 lbs was not enough with 6.5 TVK. combined with no rain after
          of course cutworms and flea beatles know where your screw ups are gonna be and target those fields also
          had to spray them even with lumiderm on
          we always push the wet seeding but this one was on borage ground with no straw , and wet dirt without straw is not very forgiving

Comment

Guess where crops are the best?Click image for larger version

Name:	SK WEEKLY RAIN JUL 08, 2019[4372].jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	767478

Comment

Busy with the four legged crop here lately.

Brought the yearlings home to sort the breeding heifers out and vaccinate everyone. They came in and were very mellow to work with which is always nice. Only got a little sprinkle which was nice for a change. My wife wasn’t enthusiastic with how many heifers we put with the bulls but mom was hinting there should be more. Sometimes you can’t please everyone 😉

Hopefully a year from now most of these will have successfully “multiplied “............. we’ll see if they paid attention in math class or not. 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Guess where crops are the best?[ATTACH]4523[/ATTACH]
                Sometimes those dark blue areas don’t make grain, they make mud. Just ask SKF.
                I live close to one of those areas, thankfully we arent in that situation.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1060.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	767479

Things have really shaped up here. But I only take pictures of the best spots and the best angles.

Comment

Jeez thats anice flax crop
                    They are all shit here
                    Lets see , $14 x 35 =
                    Fungicided and all lol

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      [ATTACH]4524[/ATTACH]

Things have really shaped up here. But I only take pictures of the best spots and the best angles.
                      Best tune for pic taking is around 7pm when everything looks lush. Crops is so dark green it’s almost blue.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                        Sometimes those dark blue areas don’t make grain, they make mud. Just ask SKF.
                        I live close to one of those areas, thankfully we arent in that situation.
                        We are in a blue area, things were great till Sunday. Now that the system is charged, it won't quit raining. Things are already turning yellow in all the standing water.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Jeez thats anice flax crop
                          They are all shit here
                          Lets see , $14 x 35 =
                          Fungicided and all lol
                          I only take pictures of the best spots at the best angles.

I presold a bit, not at $14 either sigh.

But why would we talk about marketing here?

Comment

Now that farma posted that I am not even going drive by mine anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                              Best tune for pic taking is around 7pm when everything looks lush. Crops is so dark green it’s almost blue.
                              The glass covering my phone camera lens is cracked. It screws up the color and quality of the pictures.

This is the Ghetto...nothing looks as good as the pictures portray...because everything is photo-shopped!

Comment

The glass covering my phone camera lens is cracked. It screws up the color and quality of the pictures.

This is the Ghetto...nothing looks as good as the pictures portray...because everything is photo-shopped!
                                You remind me of me when the hutterite colony 30 miles away asks how my crop went on any year... bahaha. When THEY ask, it's always bordering on a failure.

The boss looked at me bewildered a few years ago, after everyone pulled big bushels, and he asked that question and got my stock reply...

I told him, "Dont get me wrong, I quite like you, but I dont need a new neighbor if you know what I mean."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...