• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm I’m the green below the big blue. So close you can smell the rain.

Maybe tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

Out checking some crops tonight and the kids say it’s just like a corn maze. I hope it grows taller then them soon. Looking good except the drowned out low spots and all the weeds coming after the “monsoons” lately.
      Better get them out of there quick before you lose them - it's at the stage it goes from knee high to head high almost overnight!
      What CHU rated corn are you using and what are your typical CHUs in your area?

Comment

Some hail in last nights storm. No golf today it’s walk fields day.

I would rather be golfing

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Some hail in last nights storm. No golf today it’s walk fields day.

I would rather be golfing

Golf course stones throw from my house, rather pick rocks.

Comment

It's about finding something that you find relaxing and enjoyable. My youngest and I had a great time on Saturday. He usually has to play second fiddle to his older brother. So had father-son time. Yea picking rocks would be such a great thing to do. To each his own.

The rain event I was hoping for arrived Saturday night with 7/10 plus 8/10 last night for a total of 1.5 in thank you very much. Mild hail on Sat knocked off some flowers no claim position. South Valley has a strip that has claims lots.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Better get them out of there quick before you lose them - it's at the stage it goes from knee high to head high almost overnight!
              What CHU rated corn are you using and what are your typical CHUs in your area?
              We planted 8 different varieties with varied maturities so it’ll be interesting to see how they turn out. Did plant test strips of them on one quarter for comparison and will definitely have pictures and numbers later on. I think we’re 1800-2200 CHU’s here but highly variable depending on the year. Really running behind on heat currently and the forecast looks cool and damp going forward. I imagine you are in a higher CHU area than us. How’s your crop looking so far?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                We planted 8 different varieties with varied maturities so it’ll be interesting to see how they turn out. Did plant test strips of them on one quarter for comparison and will definitely have pictures and numbers later on. I think we’re 1800-2200 CHU’s here but highly variable depending on the year. Really running behind on heat currently and the forecast looks cool and damp going forward. I imagine you are in a higher CHU area than us. How’s your crop looking so far?
                Sketchy as always - I'm a poor crop farmer! Crop got off to a slow start with being so dry and is still very poor on the hilltops. Didn't make the "knee high by 4th July" but was close, as our crop has been in previous years. The best parts were just starting to take off being waist to chest high but got the leaves shredded by light hail the other night - probably 1/3 to 1/2 the leaves shredded in the worst parts.
                Full of weeds compared to most peoples as we don't use GM corn - we have one field that's a "polycrop" of corn, triticale and some wild oats - if the corn stays ahead we could get some quality and yield off it.
                We are said to be 24-2500 CHU here and are running about 90% of usual accumulation to date. Our old place in AB was barely 1800 CHU on average but I see it's running slightly ahead of average for the date - whereas the Growing Degree Days are well behind normal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...