• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le# see the ugly Canola crops,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relying on govt to provide whether every day to eat or to help in a crisis is a surefire way to end up disappointed. Since my attempt at agstability in 2010 during a flood ive washed ANY idea of support. **** them. Govt is only a drain, it doesn't matter which party is in charge. If we want to live on the edge financially that's our choice. To each their own. The best long term support a farm can get is an owner that understands how to say no to more. Trends change, nothing stays the same forever. There's a time to expand and a time to pullback. If anyone didn't get that signal on the first interest rate increase, too bad. We set a 5000 year low in rates and like sheep we over leveraged. Now we burn. Our "bail out" is gonna be a minuscule cut in interest. The new trend is in place and can't be reversed. Central banks are losing control. The problem is deeper then a drought, it's a "recession in govt" not private. You can't just change a law and fix everything, especially when the ones in govt are incompetent. We get what we deserve.

Comment

I gotta give up on flax. Looks like sht this year and a nasty second flush of weeds coming down there. I just cant seem to make this crop work. Trying to get 30bu, most times it ends up low 20s. Genetics? Way easier to grow lentils, durum and even canola.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Between NDVI, satellite imagery, drones, boots on the ground, industry watch dogs.....we can post all the pictures we want, they already know everything, were we might only know what's happening in our back yards.

Why does it matter so much? There's always too much grain anyway....no matter how big OR SMALLthe crop is.
        After yesterday, I'm not that impressed with the capabilities of NDVI/Satellite imagery. Had a sales pitch where they showed me one of our quarters. The presenter, or the software couldn't differentiate pasture or yard/well site from cereal crops.

Comment

This accurately describes the canola in a big area in Sask ........

And probably the right proportional split 1/3 each

That’s my pictures from the area

Comment

So true that describes our area.

MacDon I agree partly with you I didn’t buy on this up trend or fall into the trap piss on paying stupid to farm.

Yes we’re bigger than most so I don’t care.

What pisses me off is Trudeau screwed up and they offer a loan yet give billions to useless companies.

Ah is a backbone industry that brings money into the country.

But IBM not holding my breath.

Ag Stab is a joke so. It really caring.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              I gotta give up on flax. Looks like sht this year and a nasty second flush of weeds coming down there. I just cant seem to make this crop work. Trying to get 30bu, most times it ends up low 20s. Genetics? Way easier to grow lentils, durum and even canola.
              Flax is for dummies....thats why we grow some every year.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Flax is for dummies....thats why we grow some every year.
                I got suckered into this crop ever since that one yr it hit $17 a bushel for like 3 weeks. My canola will recover from the bad start but my flax wont. Way more money in trying to grow a 50 bu durum crop which isn't that hard anymore.

Comment

Drove from my farm to Saskatoon today, 3 hr drive and to say the canola crops are terrible is an understatement. I don’t care how much rain they’ve had in the past 3 wks it’s not going to fix anything. Below avg yields are what I see.

Comment

Don't talk stupid it's a huge crop coming...19mmt plus what 3mmt carry...for 22 mmt of canola....should be 8 bucks by the end of July or until it's held in the right hands. ...

The dumb****led farmer. ..tm...

Comment

What is everyone realistic guess on yields for these mess fields?
                      20 b/A?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Don't talk stupid it's a huge crop coming...19mmt plus what 3mmt carry...for 22 mmt of canola....should be 8 bucks by the end of July or until it's held in the right hands. ...

The dumb****led farmer. ..tm...
                        I like your cynicism!

Comment

Canola market can’t be burdened by huge inventories too much, I signed a contract yesterday with a $0 basis under November for July delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                            Canola market can’t be burdened by huge inventories too much, I signed a contract yesterday with a $0 basis under November for July delivery.
                            So if you priced today that would get you about 10 bucks for July 2020? Nov19- $445.80 or $10.11/bu. And you have to be priced by mid Oct? Unless you want to pay to roll...but that's alot of months between the contact month and the delivery month(unless the futures invert). I hope there is a weather rally before harvest. What do you want to bet that will get called early in the new year well before July 2020.

Am I seeing this right? 101?
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 10, 2019, 20:17.

Comment

July 2019 now

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                                July 2019 now
                                Thank you.

Which GrainCo?

A crusher or close to one?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...