• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le# see the ugly Canola crops,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargill Clavet crush plant

Comment

Was that a trip all the $10 target price 4hr special to fill the place up before summer shut down for maintenance?

Comment

Ya only one day. Closed at $10.14 Monday afternoon. Self-Haul price

Currently $9.87 July 19 delivery, self-haul

Comment

Here is for the morons who think the canola crop is coming back 320 acres not reseeded not spray till your out of money to recover just plain old kill the crop and call it a year.

Comment

On our way to Yorkton, alot of POOR canola crops.

Anyone in the know who wants to venture a guess on 2019 production?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Anyone in the know who wants to venture a guess on 2019 production?
              Ffs it's 19mmt....Statscan has it figured already to keep the price low enough for it to end up in the right hands.....

The production number won't be known until 2022....

It's little wonder I keep repeating myself.....

Comment

It’s a game and it just amazes me how stupid some people are that believe the bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Yorkton was dry this spring? Too cold? That's odd, or is it the seed like SF thinks. Its strange to have wrecks across a wide area like that even with the odd conditions.

Maybe they should have engineered a little drought tolerance into those hybrids instead of more yield which just needs more inputs including timely rainfall.
                  Last edited by jazz; Jul 11, 2019, 11:18.

Comment

No matter how many times this gets told, you guys still can't figure this out.

Your yields are basically irrelevant. At less then 2% of the global veg oil market, what you produce or don't produce doesn't matter. Same with most of the other crops.

Can you at least try to understand that!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Ffs it's 19mmt....Statscan has it figured already to keep the price low enough for it to end up in the right hands.....

The production number won't be known until 2022....

It's little wonder I keep repeating myself.....
                      2022 ??????
                      the true number will NEVER be known
                      thats the law in this country

Comment

Yea tweety but explain to me how USA soybeans got seeded In Mud and how well do plants do in mud then throw in Europe has shittiest oil seed crop in years. Australia is doing so good and it froze in South America. What am I missing.

Oh canola is moving into other markets and who is making the money I’ll tell you the grain companies because of the stats canada bullshit stores grain idea.

China is taking more oil than ever. Crushers are loving this buy seed cheap and sell oil high.

The market is full of shit.
                        Last edited by SASKFARMER; Jul 11, 2019, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Yea tweety but explain to me how USA soybeans got seeded In Mud and how well do plants do in mud then throw in Europe has shittiest oil seed crop in years. Australia is doing so good and it froze in South America. What am I missing.

Oh canola is moving into other markets and who is making the money I’ll tell you the grain companies because of the stats canada bullshit stores grain idea.

China is taking more oil than ever. Crushers are loving this buy seed cheap and sell oil high.

The market is full of shit.
                          When there is actual demand worldwide that exceeds actual production the price will go up - if it doesn't it will go down. You can't say the market is broken just because you have a maybe bad crop (soon enough we all will know) once in 40 years. The only thing not broken is how much technology has allowed the market to squash rumors that at one time caused a much larger shift. You don't need to talk about your crops and complain, with satellites and ground truthing they know exactly what is there.

This isn't rocket science, it isn't even grade 4 science. When you go to the grocery store and buy apples, do you pay what you think the price might be in 3 months based on rumors? Or today's knowing how many apples are in stock, and how much they cost from the supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            When there is actual demand worldwide that exceeds actual production the price will go up - if it doesn't it will go down. You can't say the market is broken just because you have a maybe bad crop (soon enough we all will know) once in 40 years. The only thing not broken is how much technology has allowed the market to squash rumors that at one time caused a much larger shift. You don't need to talk about your crops and complain, with satellites and ground truthing they know exactly what is there.

This isn't rocket science, it isn't even grade 4 science. When you go to the grocery store and buy apples, do you pay what you think the price might be in 3 months based on rumors? Or today's knowing how many apples are in stock, and how much they cost from the supplier?
                            I agree tweety
                            But you cant say the market isnt manipulated ?
                            This last USDA report made that perfectly clear and they dont even care who knows
                            Someone should be drug by the neck behind a horse

Comment

That’s my point tweety the market isn’t working like it was meant to work. Fake USDA reports. Our everything is great approach. The cards are stacked against farmers

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                I agree tweety
                                But you cant say the market isnt manipulated ?
                                This last USDA report made that perfectly clear and they dont even care who knows
                                Someone should be drug by the neck behind a horse
                                Everything is manipulated. But the market knows that too. They know exactly what is going on. Even you know what's going on. Canola hasn't move much in 9 months - neither is there any tangible reason for it to move.

Corn has reacted up by 22%, but it doesn't have to move much more till the result is known. A speculators dream come true - which is what the market is for.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/farmers-stockpiling-corn-in-response-to-tough-growing-conditions-11562857931 https://www.wsj.com/articles/farmers-stockpiling-corn-in-response-to-tough-growing-conditions-11562857931

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...