• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

basagran kill wild buckwheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basagran kill wild buckwheat?

Have a lot of wild buckwheat that has shown up in my peas. They are 10-11 nodes, and it looks like basagran may be the only option. Will it kill or stunt the buckwheat for a couple of weeks to reduce the yield loss? I see that wild buckwheat is not listed in the chemical book for basagran, but it does show up on labels in the US.

If it did work for anyone, what rate did you use?

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
    Have a lot of wild buckwheat that has shown up in my peas. They are 10-11 nodes, and it looks like basagran may be the only option. Will it kill or stunt the buckwheat for a couple of weeks to reduce the yield loss? I see that wild buckwheat is not listed in the chemical book for basagran, but it does show up on labels in the US.

If it did work for anyone, what rate did you use?
    Use 1 lt /1.1 ac and 15 gal water
    It will get most
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 23, 2019, 06:36.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$

I too was told it's needs lots of water. And the .91 liter per acre rate is expensive.

Pharaoh said it's cheaper on Alibaba. Ever get tired of paying through the nose? Thank Croplife and the PMRA.

MADE IN CANADA PRICING

Comment

I hope Fna adds it to their product list. They are kicking the crap out of retail prices. Pretty sure they are still doing good to boot.

Comment

Ya I looked up in the Ontario chemical guide and it does list wild buckwheat control as a 7, meaning 70 % control.
          www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/pub75/pub75A/pub75A.pdf
          page 294-295.
          I found this publication handy when we grew pinto beans and in the early day of soybeans out here in Sask.

Comment

Thanks.

Have you ever tried solo (imazamox) on larger peas? I see in the US that Raptor (which is imazamox) is able to be sprayed up to flowering, the same as basagran and they actually mix the raptor and basagran together. The surfactant is not included in their chemicals like in Canada, not sure if that is the difference?

Label in Canada says that Solo or Viper can't be sprayed past the 6 node stage, but they can spray up to flowering in the US. Flowering must be about the 15-17 node? In Montana and North Dakota they grow Meadow peas just like us. Fields might only be 50 miles apart from one side of the border to the other and the Canadian has to stop spraying the peas way before the US farmer. Anyone know why??
            Last edited by poorboy; Jun 24, 2019, 07:38.

Comment

Not sure on the late solo , probably just a CFIA red tape in Canada. You will never get a straight answer from one of those reps lol .
              But I agree with the US label ....
              the only thing is Basagran is very crop safe . But it’s a $5 chem ... not $25 cause all it does is burn off leaf tissue basically

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                  Thanks
                  Poorboy,
                  Please remember to use plenty of UAN or ammonium sulphate with the solo or pursuit basagran /viper application. A 15% reduction in solo... brought back up with a 10% rate pursuit will give another couple of weeks residual control... be sure to get the same Basagran formulation to add in, as is in the viper... if varying these % in the mix. Pursuit solo is odyssey...Viper is by far the least expensive way to buy Basagran.
                  We found over the years, a little pursuit in the viper with less solo... with the basagran... had less crop yellowing after application.
                  Cheers

Comment

Please ignore furrow's illegal recommendation. Max label rate is .91 l/acre or 2.25l/ha. One litre per acre is illegal.

Page 17 of the label which is a legal document

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                      Please ignore furrow's illegal recommendation. Max label rate is .91 l/acre or 2.25l/ha. One litre per acre is illegal.

Page 17 of the label which is a legal document
                      Lol , your a troll .. really that’s what you do , been waiting a long time to do that eh ??? Of course it’s .91 l /ac , it has been for 20 years .
                      *** man get a life ..
                      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 23, 2019, 11:31.

Comment

Lame attempt at redeeming yourself

Comment

Lame attempt at redeeming yourself
                          Lol , troll on man , troll on

Comment

Let us know how the audit goes

Comment

Let us know how the audit goes
                              Just a question ... why ?