• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Looks about right, harvest is all but done here. Early start, early finish and surprisingly good yields by all accounts. Waiting on grain corn to dry down but it's about a month ahead of normal too.
    Surprisingly good compared to low expectations on a drought year, or surprisingly good compared to normal? I thought things sounded quite dire in your immediate area most of the summer?

Comment

Yea find that funny grass but hey it’s your helping of This post. I do t judge.
      Sun out for a second before it’s starts to rain or snow

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180921_115742.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	766727
        Today.

Need I say more?

Comment

Looks alot like our area klause. But I can only see half mile, snow coming down pretty good. That battleford/cut knife/unity area just cant catch a break this fall.

We are pretty much wrapped up but even though the moisture is welcome would like to see guys get it all off. Tomorrow dont look good with 5-10 cm forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Surprisingly good compared to low expectations on a drought year, or surprisingly good compared to normal? I thought things sounded quite dire in your immediate area most of the summer?
            Surprisingly good compared to normal from I hear. Annual crops handled the drought way better than forage crops which shouldn't surprise anyone. There will be some poor canola in my immediate vicinity for sure, particularly the stuff that was reseeded after the hailstorm mid June but my neighbours are all pretty happy considering the year it's been. Having nearly all the crop off is adding to that satisfaction I'm sure when they see how other areas are suffering.

Comment

20-30k wind with snow ... it might not matter how good crops were anymore.
              This sucks

Comment

Harvest.............when should we be starting that? Calendar says September but it’s feeling like November.

He’s doing the only harvesting around here. Glad he’s 4 wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                  Harvest.............when should we be starting that? Calendar says September but it’s feeling like November.

He’s doing the only harvesting around here. Glad he’s 4 wheel drive.

What gender is he? Is he neutral?

Comment

By Battleford.... not much else to say

Comment

Holy shit..

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

By Battleford.... not much else to say
                        Ouch.
                        Nobody deserves that. Have seen that show before and it’s not nice but keep your chin up
                        It can turn around.

Comment

Which Caribbean country are we supposed to buy farmland in?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            What gender is he? Is he neutral?
                            Good eye😎. My flub up. She wouldn’t be impressed to know about this. Maybe when we vaccinate her bunch next week she’ll exact her revenge somehow. 💩

We were going to do a bunch today but didn’t want to in wind and snow........ maybe tomorrow????

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                              Which Caribbean country are we supposed to buy farmland in?
                              I'm way ahead of you, not strictly Caribbean but close enough.
                              Only thing I'm not sure if the land is good enough to grow wheat and canola on....
                              https://www.landwatch.com/Playa-Zancudo-Costa-Rica-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/25059792 https://www.landwatch.com/Playa-Zancudo-Costa-Rica-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/25059792

Comment

Send those pics to ctv news..all they are worried about is gardens and plants in the city..
                                Clueless..or just don't give a flying leap about us..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...