• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
    I'm way ahead of you, not strictly Caribbean but close enough.
    Only thing I'm not sure if the land is good enough to grow wheat and canola on....
    https://www.landwatch.com/Playa-Zancudo-Costa-Rica-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/25059792 https://www.landwatch.com/Playa-Zancudo-Costa-Rica-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/25059792
    There's no way in hell I'll ever let my kids be a meteorologist. 2-300 years ago there was the Salem witch hunt....the Saskatoon weatherpeople hunt could be the next public burning at a stake .... the science is settled.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      I'm way ahead of you, not strictly Caribbean but close enough.
      Only thing I'm not sure if the land is good enough to grow wheat and canola on....
      https://www.landwatch.com/Playa-Zancudo-Costa-Rica-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/25059792 https://www.landwatch.com/Playa-Zancudo-Costa-Rica-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/25059792
      Works out to $4200 per acre, about comparable to local land sales recently. On a day like today, that almost looks like the better value. And no carbon tax either.

Comment

Maybe it will stand back up .... lol

Hope getting kinda thin now in this area too

Comment

holy shit furrow , that is a kick in the nuts .so far we have missed it . after 09 I. believe anything can happen . did half our acres in nov. most was dry . but that sure does knock the wind out of a guy . we have had more than a few of those , know exactly how you feel
          we were able to do some standing oats today at about 18 . had swathed 20 ac for seed , it is growing nicely already in the swath . if we lose roundup here production of cereals will be halved . Hope those whining bastards like eating moldy , mildewed oats .

Comment

Well it’s a very big area , basically from Edmonton area through here , not sure how far east.

Comment

Furrow that pic with the truck and quad is from this week?

Comment

Furrow that truck is this storm.

WOW, that's not wet snow that Madness.

The problem in two weeks the days are starting really short and the sun isn't as strong and if we get NW winds the snow to the north the wind is cold, not good for drying.

But NEws at 11.

Gardens are Ok.

AGain not one mention to the fact that $11 billion of the crop is still in the field.

What a joke.

Comment

This must be the start of the economic reset in ag!

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                    This must be the start of the economic reset in ag!
                    there's going to be a lot of hungry leaches in Ag if the mini ice age the "real experts" have been talking about is coming to pass, and this is the new norm

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      there's going to be a lot of hungry leaches in Ag if the mini ice age the "real experts" have been talking about is coming to pass, and this is the new norm

Hate to say this guys but its going to get cooler and thats coming from Nasa. We would be much better off if the global warming fear mongerers like Grasshole were correct. Anyone have a good coal stock pick? I think its a good time to buy Nat gas and coal.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1010638/cold-weather-forecast-big-freeze-solar-minimum-maximum-space-news
                      Last edited by biglentil; Sep 22, 2018, 08:39.

Comment

Any guesses as to what crop this is??

Next question is whether it’ll celebrate a birthday in the field or not?

My mom was commenting on the nice row of bins we got since we put up a few more last month. I said they’d look nicer if they weren’t all empty. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Well it’s a very big area , basically from Edmonton area through here , not sure how far east.
                          This Far East. Same thing here. Will try to get pics.

Comment

Well it's still snowing here, but one good thing about a lighter crop is that it can stand in snow easier.
                            Not flat yet.....
                            God, %70 of crop out here. That's another new one.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                              Any guesses as to what crop this is??

😉
                              I'm really good at this game. I'm almost certain that is snow peas. But on closer inspection, it could be winter wheat? Maybe snowdrop fababeans? Frosted Flakes? Ice wine? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will stand right back up again and finish gorwing in time to make a record harvest.

Comment

Too much global warming I’m afraid. Need more taxes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...