• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should 130 million go?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should 130 million go?

Where should the overages of CGC funds go?

Where should overages of rail go?

Why do the people that pay these charges never get their over payments back?

Why do farm groups support putting it into another program to eat away at the funding or worse yet create another beauracratic nightmare..

Farmers are currently taking it on the chin while other countries farmers have the support of government. ....why don't we?

Between this and the mandatory checkoffs and the money put into R&D....it seems there should be money for the primary producer when trade barriers kick them in the nuts or the railways underperform or unforeseen things....

Back to me the farmer sorry they over charged us not any one else

Comment

Back to farmers for sure! I am told all the time I should help develop new varieties and new technologies that I will use someday on my farm but once they develop something new I pay a crazy price if I want to use it.

Comment

This move and plan of the CGC is crap and we asthose that paid this money need to make as big a protest as possible. The root of the problem is governance at the CGC-no growers control. Somehow this needs to change when we are paying the bill.
        Why is SK wheat giving a thumbs up and patting them on the back? That’s bullshit. How does anything in the plan benefit farmers? A more detailed analysis of the harvest sample program that is an unofficial grade anyway-useless. And that is only 4mil of the 130. There are rumours that Patti has a multi million office Reno buried in this ‘plan’ to serve farmers.
        But we can get a refund from SK wheat-and should. This outfit continues to be off the rails and is not serving farmers.
        Surprised a bit more that APAS supported the plan as well. I thought lately they have been doing a better job. Our RMs don’t belong tho and this position they took is not impetus to join.
        Every other farm group submitted to their consultation that the money should be returned to farmers; through lower future fees or actual refund. No surprise the internal CGC review didn’t favour those options.
        Call your MP. And call SK Wht and threaten refund if they don’t walk back their support of this theft of farmer money.

Comment

the fact that this question is even being asked shows how screwed up this system is ?
          APAS AND THE WHEAT COMMISION NEED TO BE TOLD TO TAKE A HIKE

Comment

By rights overages should go back to farmers. But, the administration to do that would cost over half of the 130M. #immigrantsworkprogram

Comment

Government services that serve as a profit center rather than service are not right....Farmers should only being paying the cost of service and I am not really sure that is a service we should pay as I rarely see CGC at an elevator to grade my grain but they grade the graincos grain when loading on a railcar or at the port for a boat....

The rest is just noise and when I take a sample to Saskatoon it costs anyway....and its rarely binding....if the grainco don't like it they won't buy it..

Its really a ****ed up system Yerry left us with....as most of this surplus was built under his watch....

Comment

Bucket you realize you said something truthfully bad about hairy yerry? Hahahaha
                That means you obviously voted Ndp according to some of the einsteins on here. Lmao.

The more we talk about our situation as farmers the more emberrassing this whole system is.

And it will not change until we smarten the hell up and give credit when a politician does something good and call them out when it's bad or they are useless regardless of political affiliation.
                It just has to happen.

The Ndp are lost in no where land they have so much material to say about and they haven't got a clue.
                The Sask party will win because of this and they actually are more useless than the Ndp have been. Easily as corrupt and no one gives a shit just keep voting because we re scared of the Ndp.
                What a depressing situation. Mark my words when they get in again they will be even worse. We ll all pay even more than we are now.

And yes I know Cgc is federal what are the mps out here saying. What's that is that a cricket? Hahahaha
                Last edited by the big wheel; Aug 3, 2018, 19:36.

Comment

Yup which is why I only see people in politics making sure to line their pockets. ....anyone saying they represent farmers is outright lying. .. ..

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Back to Farmers !
                    Maybe check out the WCWGA press release with the attached legal position. After reading that ask yourself is there any better group out there for farmers interests.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                      Maybe check out the WCWGA press release with the attached legal position. After reading that ask yourself is there any better group out there for farmers interests.

Yup right the same guys that forgot to ask for transparency and accountability of the whole industry. ....sit in meetings with Yerry while this CGC fund was building and didn't do a ****ing thing about then or now...

Excellent representation. ...

The ginger that wants to be an MLA was silent on this years ago and is quiet on the pulse tariff as well...speaks volumes on who he represents.
                      Last edited by bucket; Aug 4, 2018, 08:41.

Comment

This is a result of Harper restructuring the fees a few years back. And letting grain Co.s do a lot of there own
                        Grading. Privatization of grading. Etc.
                        Can not remember exactly what all changed.
                        If I remember right. Were the fees doubled or something.

About the same time he was killing the public seed breeding research.
                        Setting up infrastructure to screw us out of ever
                        Owning a seed

It is a return to mid evil times where the peasant had to give the king what ever crop share the king demanded.

Just now a few corporations are the kings that make the laws and demand their taxes

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                          This is a result of Harper restructuring the fees a few years back. And letting grain Co.s do a lot of there own
                          Grading. Privatization of grading. Etc.
                          Can not remember exactly what all changed.
                          If I remember right. Were the fees doubled or something.

About the same time he was killing the public seed breeding research.
                          Setting up infrastructure to screw us out of ever
                          Owning a seed

It is a return to mid evil times where the peasant had to give the king what ever crop share the king demanded.

Just now a few corporations are the kings that make the laws and demand their taxes
                          Yes this is coming back to bite all of us in the ass. It opened the flood gates for all the wolves to **** the sheep. Many farmers were oblivious to the repercussions of what the conservatives were signing away .

Comment

sawfly

Yup the deregistering of mainstream varieties was to condition us to get use to buying seed every year or pay a longevity fee for the research and development that farmers paid for upfront....

When you buy a flow thru share offering the return on that initial investment is giving the money upfront to pay dividends later if the company is successful ...not to continue to fund them...
                            Last edited by bucket; Aug 4, 2018, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Yes this is coming back to bite all of us in the ass. It opened the flood gates for all the wolves to **** the sheep. Many farmers were oblivious to the repercussions of what the conservatives were signing away .

Yes I was and can admit it....but I really thought the no brainer stuff was being done as well by an organization that claims now "...is there any better group out there for farmers interests..."..

Wrong again...it seems they were representing the groups that could continue to fleece farmers.

Because if they were representing farmers interests they would have been whispering to Yerry that costs are out control at the CGC.....or maybe their intent was to bring in privatized grading that isn't Unbiased?????
                              Last edited by bucket; Aug 4, 2018, 09:48.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...