• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should 130 million go?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUCKET*10
    AUG 3, 2018*20:14

Yup which is why I only see people in politics making sure to line their pockets. ....anyone saying they represent farmers is outright lying. .. ..

Vvalk said...
    """"Maybe check out the WCWGA press release with the attached legal position. After reading that ask yourself is there any better group out there for farmers interests."""""

I rest my case
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 4, 2018, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Yes I was and can admit it....but I really thought the no brainer stuff was being done as well by an organization that claims now "...is there any better group out there for farmers interests..."..

Wrong again...it seems they were representing the groups that could continue to fleece farmers.

Because if they were representing farmers interests they would have been whispering to Yerry that costs are out control at the CGC.....or maybe their intent was to bring in privatized grading that isn't Unbiased?????
      This is the problem with farmers. Who cares who was in charged or how the 130m surplus was gained. That's irrelevant. The only fact that matters is that there is a 130M surplus that is money that they wrongfully took from farmers. It should be giving back in form of a refund or fee reduced to near zero.

I have no clue who you are Bucket but you sure sound like the Bill Gehl, Tait etc kind of guy who can not get over the past. It's unfortunate because it's a small group of farmers like you who impede real progress.

Comment

Originally posted by saskcanfarmer View Post
        This is the problem with farmers. Who cares who was in charged or how the 130m surplus was gained. That's irrelevant. The only fact that matters is that there is a 130M surplus that is money that they wrongfully took from farmers. It should be giving back in form of a refund or fee reduced to near zero.

I have no clue who you are Bucket but you sure sound like the Bill Gehl, Tait etc kind of guy who can not get over the past. It's unfortunate because it's a small group of farmers like you who impede real progress.
        The only progress that's been happenning is we re losing ground continually to the corporate control of grain companies seed companies etc etc.
        It's about time more people
        Like bucket spoke up.
        What do you want to do sit on your ass and get fkd more Saskcan?
        We vote the sask party and conservatives in they need to start earning that vote.
        The farm groups need to start earning their checkoffs etc etc.

Yes pay the money back but if we sit on our ass like you appear to want us to dream on as to that happenning on fact we ll never see a penny it will get shuffled into some kind of supposedly good for farmers deal which will ultimately be good for the guys taking us to the cleaners.

Giver bucket!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          The only progress that's been happenning is we re losing ground continually to the corporate control of grain companies seed companies etc etc.
          It's about time more people
          Like bucket spoke up.
          What do you want to do sit on your ass and get fkd more Saskcan?
          We vote the sask party and conservatives in they need to start earning that vote.
          The farm groups need to start earning their checkoffs etc etc.

Yes pay the money back but if we sit on our ass like you appear to want us to dream on as to that happenning on fact we ll never see a penny it will get shuffled into some kind of supposedly good for farmers deal which will ultimately be good for the guys taking us to the cleaners.

Giver bucket!!!
          I think you took my post the wrong way. That's EXACTLY what farmers need to start doing. Get off our asses and make people accountable. But not for what's all ready been done or all ready has passed. Things that are happening now. Things that contribute to the future profitability of our farms. Who gives a **** who was under watch when the surplus happened?!? It's the ones under watch now that can do the right thing. It's the AG ministers, trade ministers, enviro ministers right now who can contribute and mild policies that help put primary producers on a more even playing field.

Comment

My checkoff dollars are paying people to care of my interests...now you tell me to get involved.....great glad you asked....

Here is a suggestion I gave a director of a checkoff group....Since pulses are not moving the purchase of additional bins should be a 100 percent write-off with no recapture later....is that forward thinking enough for you?

Lets see if anyone can pick up a positive initiative out of this post that I suggested. Just one director , politician , lurker, run with the idea.....its not rocket science or patented.

When people tell me to get involved or do it myself after they were paid to represent farmers views....it highlights their incompetence or a lack of basic understanding of the english language.
            Last edited by bucket; Aug 4, 2018, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              My checkoff dollars are paying people to care of my interests...now you tell me to get involved.....great glad you asked....

Here is a suggestion I gave a director of a checkoff group....Since pulses are not moving the purchase of additional bins should be a 100 percent write-off with no recapture later....is that forward thinking enough for you?

Lets see if anyone can pick up a positive initiative out of this post that I suggested. Just one director , politician , lurker, run with the idea.....its not rocket science or patented.

When people tell me to get involved or do it myself after they were paid to represent farmers views....it highlights their incompetence or a lack of basic understanding of the english language.
              I'm not directly involved with any group or comission but I do write and call MPs. I do get behind groups iniatitves when I agree with them. I am vocal on social media. I do make the odd submission when government is asking for input. Plus I pay my cheque offs.

What's your suggestion for Sasj Pulse to do to India aboutvthe tariffs?

Comment

I think you took my post the wrong way. That's EXACTLY what farmers need to start doing. Get off our asses and make people accountable. But not for what's all ready been done or all ready has passed. Things that are happening now. Things that contribute to the future profitability of our farms. Who gives a **** who was under watch when the surplus happened?!? It's the ones under watch now that can do the right thing. It's the AG ministers, trade ministers, enviro ministers right now who can contribute and mild policies that help put primary producers on a more even playing field.
                Yep misinterpreted your prior post. Agreed people that are supposed to represent us need to start stepping up to the plate and we need to start demanding it.

Comment

I'm not directly involved with any group or comission but I do write and call MPs. I do get behind groups iniatitves when I agree with them. I am vocal on social media. I do make the odd submission when government is asking for input. Plus I pay my cheque offs.

What's your suggestion for Sasj Pulse to do to India aboutvthe tariffs?
                  I think I suggested changing the CCA on bins and the recapture bomb thats waiting to happen....

They could start putting the same amount into primary production as they do for R&D...whats with all the ideas about more production or better quality when no one wants it?

Comment

R&D gets a lot of money in the name of better this or that...but when shit hits the fan ...the farmer picks up the tab....look at the triffid event..or now all the deregistered varieties....who dropped the ball there.....

Comment

Doesn't anyone find it odd that a 5 cwad is now worth 6.30 a bushel while a 1cwad 11-15 px is only worth 6.80?

Didn't that special group take credit for representing us on the protein scale?

5cwad in 2016 was worth 2.35 a bushel. Doesn't seem that they are paying high quality now ..
                      seems a 5cwad is the better money maker....some good R&D does on the durum file.

And why is protein in durum not worth shit?

The wheat after all the wet years the graincos chase protein after selling blended shit to the lowest spec line then telling the CGC varieties are garbage .... they blended our reputation away and blamed the very varieties that made Canada a high quality supplier....and not one ****ing group questioned it ??????

Comment

Yup, agree on the blending thing.

I wonder how much Canada Western Red Winter gets "disguised" as CWRS....maybe that's where some gluten strength went. And after a near decade of "too wet" growing conditions, maybe those substandard "de-registered" varieties would perform(producer adequate gluten strength) quite well under the current drier conditions.

Weber put out pie charts of the CGC(?) grade distribution among certain classes of wheat in comparison to what was exported...disturbing as well. Low quality Durum blended up...probably at the expense of Canada's reputation of its high quality durum grade.

Comment

The 130 million, is not a big issue. Just cut the rates for a while.
                          We get distracted by this little stuff.
                          It is apparent the wolves are always 5 steps ahead of us
                          Whether it be handing grading to the grain Co.s or stacking the deck
                          On eligible varieties.

Something smells , used to be under the board , a ship could go from one terminal to another, load a standard grade, and send it on its way.
                          Not now

If information is power, well they don't want us to have any do they.
                          How hard would it have been to have daily reports on grades sales ,values, like the US has.

Apparently we cannot handle the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Bucket has vision !

Stating the truth isn't impeding progress !

Bucket should be running the show !

Hall of Famer !
                            Thanks wiseguy...Hall of Famer....that puts me in such good company....

The special group wouldn't allow it...lol..

Vision here are a few things I suggested to different people/groups over the years the never went anywhere...

Back early when I first came home farming I suggested using RRSPs to buy farmland just like the first home buyers....nope couldn't happen until a decade later the investment groups could offer RRSP funds to do it....not quite the same thing...

Vessel reports,, weekly sales reports have been a request for a long time....no reason not to have them.

Etc Etc but one thing is certain this industry is no better off because they call it a open market...we have lost notch or two....late delivery no different.

And no one is policing the industry...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...