• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8097.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	778069

My main beef today is with our PM. We use to live in a great country run by some pretty smart men right up till the Liberal experiment elected a retard.

Second time in a couple months some mental issued Canadian decided to Kill people in Toronto and where is our leader. Taking a personal day.

Come on Trudeau either be a leader or step down and let someone else run the place you are a complete failure.

To all the Canadian farmers who sit on their hands and just keep business as usual, here is a word of advising the squeaky wheel gets the grease and Nice guys finish last. In the world of farming, Canadian farmers are finishing last.

We have groups that take our money, who suppose to represent us and have failed. We can't ask for our money back because of its mandatory payment. We have a Pm that can't figure out a trade deal anywhere in the world. We have a useless AG minister in both Fed. and Prov.

Were basically run by morons and its not going to get better.

This is the 1980s all over again I said it happened before and those who don't study history will repeat. Well, here we go again. The USA will subsidize the Canadians will be boy scouts. Interest rates will go up for no reason at all. Equipment costs skyrocket. Can't stop inputs from rising as the market knows. Farmers will go broke.

It wasn't fun time to farm and I can bet the farm it will be worse this time around.

Equipment world is F#$K3D.

Priced out three one-year-old S780S for our three S690s that just were reconditioned in the shop front to back warranty till end of sept. The price difference between the three is the same as the Cash price on one new S780. If I lease the new one keep my three and go with four. This is insane. We will be joining the reconditioning club.

Ok here is the crop report.

The area did get rain Sunday morning our total for the year now is 9 in. One more rain exhibition week would finish the crop off nice and it would come in fast. We still are about a week to 10 days ahead of normal. So this weeks rain did advance crops and filling is happening very nice.

HRS is starting to turn and heads are filling nicely on early wheat. First seeded in the area is a very nice section. If you do yield calculations our area is on way to have a great wheat crop. I still don't think its a big as last year but the potential is there.

My yield calculation is from ND university.

Your row spacing is afoot. Use this.

Heads in one foot, ex 45

Count the seeds in the biggest and smallest head and average. Ex 36

Weight calculation is 35.

The final calculation is .00116.

So 45 x 36 x .00116 = 65.77 Bus a acre. What are others using? This has worked year in year out.

Name:	oNJdcBhyTgWVzrnEr2eoWw.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	778070

Peas ours suck but thanks for asking. Can't find the rep he must be MIA. All winter always at the shop. BASF's Spray viper did do damage as the area I sprayed with just Assure for wild oats will run very well and is tall filled nice. The area along seed grower I didn't spray is healthy and nice rest of fields I brought back to some life but still will be way lower production. Cost to me Around $100,000.00 fewer yield thanks.
    Early peas in the area are starting to turn and a few at top of the valley have been desiccated with reglone. Harvest 18 is 10 days away.

Oats in the area is nice but some were damaged in the week of extreme heat after farm progress as you can see white tips. Still nice but could have used a drink a little on the earlier side.

Lentils I did find a few fields in our area they have two seeds per pod and are starting to shut down.

Barley is turning fast after the Sunday rain. Real early seeded is turning. Harvest will be sooner than some are realizing.

Name:	M6kJkyF4StqupvDBFsz6Aw.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	778071

Very few soy fields and they need a rain soon to give great results.

Name:	FaGam8dETkqev07Ahqnr6w.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	778072

Canola the area is down to less than 5% still in full flower. Fields are shutting down after close to 25 days flowering. Most fields had a full three weeks of full flower. Nice stands on most fields but it wasn't a year for pig shit as too hot. Oh well, first time poorer results with manure. Start cut could be interesting as lots of stages. I think a few will buy the swather or wish they didn't sell theirs. It looks like a very nice crop.

Name:	IAbsORoTS1+3Dz%bzTHKYA.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	778073

Pastures are holding their own but overgrazed are starting to look not that nice.

The hay crop is shorter than other years so lots cutting sloughs and ditches etc. We are better than most but like one cowboy friend he has never cut a ditch till this year.

Millet looks strong and will be good for bales.

Corn is shorter than other years.

Flax looks great and is shutting down.

Durum a few fields have minor Fuz but its still early to notice.

It looks like harvest 2018 will be earlier than normal. This week's cooler temps made everyone realize we live in Canada and its never done till it's in the bin. The cooler temps helped the crop recover and fill nice and continue on. The rain event did the same.

Overall our area is blessed this year and looks like it will be a good harvest for all. You don't have to travel that far away and the drought is noticeable. Light spots in areas with lower rain are changing or burning or just shutting down.

Time will tell 2018 outcome but provincially I call it a lower than last year buy quite a bit as rain now for most is too little too late. HAil storms are awful this year and are doing really bad damage were they hit.

So remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop that the market will take and give you peanuts. Wheat comment from spring the world is awash in wheat. Fast forward a few months. Oh, we have a bit of an issue.

Yea the market knows jack shit.

Name:	QsxG6o5oR3Oh05Ja1Ix2Gw.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	766583

Name:	NYqRf9nZS%KtNeDkSUOnNA.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	766584

Comment

Not sure how the crop is doing
      Going fishin this morning for fish fry so not too concerned.
      Doing my tour next week

Comment

We have a busy week delivering canola that contracted a while back. I need 8 good days with two trucks. So lots of crop checking on hour drive. Long weekend is our last weekend for fun. Enjoy fishing.

Comment

65 bu wheat and likely 60 canola, and you have to buy re-conditioned combines?? You poor thing!!!

Comment

Yea poor me.

I’m tired of the billshit in equipment

Comment

If your concerned about having to buy re-conditioned get the dealership to put plastic on the seats so you will think you are in a new one.

Comment

I have to say saskfarmer3, your living in the garden spot this year. We had a lot more rain than you, but the crops your showing look excellent, congrats !
                Too much mud, makes for a dud.

Comment

It’s true mud is a dud.

Timely rains make grain.

We have a half section that hail go some and pig shit will be lower production.

Peas are not nice but rest is doing good.

We’re back

Comment

I was pretty happy with my results this year then these ****ing pictures show up weekly ....then i go back to banging my head....lol...nice crops MR. SF3....

Comment

Crops all look good in this area.
                      Some are real late..but the big guys were seeding mid June so they will need no frost for a long time yet.
                      Wht price on the rise so might even make some money on that crop?
                      Nexera 1026 looking VG might even take the top yield prize on our farm.
                      Last new combine I drove was a 1982 JD 7720..all have been used since then.
                      It's your money..enjoy life..

Comment

My father in law always said ..." you need guys buying new to have used equipment..."

Made sense to me. but then again he could trade for 15000 after 4 years on tractors and wheat was a better price.

Comment

Here is another calculator

estimating wheat yield or any grain that is 60 pounds/bu:

seeds/sq. ft (use your best modest guess)

times 1.6 (Flax-1.7, Canola-1.9, Barley-2, Oats-2.8)

times seed size in grams/1000 seeds expressed as a fraction
                          (example: 33 grams/1000 seeds is .033)

Example calculation for 1000 seeds/sq. ft. @ 33 grams/1000 seeds:

1000 X 1.6 X .033=52.8 bu/acre

Comment

I'll do a bin inventory when I'm done harvest.
                            Then I'll know for sure.

Comment

Pit is best guess.

I like scouting and checking with gator or quads.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...